Posted by: ACT1 Federal on Sep 19, 2023
Lexington Park , MD
Ready to take ACTION in your career? Ready to launch your future forward with an organization certified as a Great
Place to Work™? ACT1 Federal is seeking a Finance Manager in Lexington Park, MD to suport our Royal austrailian Air Force (RAAF) customer.
ACT1 Federal is all about taking bold, innovative actions to deliver for our customers and our workforce. Every day,
members of the ACT1 Federal team drive creative solutions on the most challenging problems facing customers across the Aviation, Space / Intelligence, and International Cooperation portfolios.
The Finance Manager must provide RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) expertise to develop and maintain an understanding of, and liaise with, PMA-265 and NAVAIR and provide the RAAF with insights into the financial status of its FMS (Foreign Military Sales) cases.
In this role, a typical day will include:
• Negotiation of new / amended FMS cases as directed by the RAAF A-G TLO (Technical Liaison Office) managed FMS cases, and development of Statements of Work
• Development of procurement initiation and delegate approval documentation
• Development and management of an expenditure tracking system
• Periodic FMS case financial status liaison and reporting FMS and US DOD contracting policy advice and coordination
• Provide reports to the RAAF TLO managed FMS cases on a routine basis.
• Experience and training in US DoD FMS financial management.
• Ability to work in an office environment with minimal supervision
Meetings: To fulfil the above duties, the FCS must attend a number of local, domestic and international meetings including teleconference meetings that are held outside "normal" working hours to enable attendance by Australian agencies and meetings with PMA265.
Reporting: provide reports to the applicable SPO for RAAF A-G TLO managed FMS cases on a routine basis including: FMS case Financial Status Report and Summary (monthly);
• FMS case Financial Activity Summaries (monthly
• FMS case Financial Variance Report (monthly);
• FMS case annual (DMFP) forecast; and
• Specialist reports related to any of the other tasks outlined above (as needed)
**Secret Clearance Required**
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Finance, or Accounting.
• At least one year of general experience in financial analysis
• One to three years of specialized financial or accounting experience in DoD policy. Financial Management experience should include:
o Financial analysis of business programs, development of cost estimates, and program status reports
o Demonstrated knowledge of DoD Federal Management Regulations (FMR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and PPBE
o Understanding of budgeting, forecasting, and reconciliation of payment, and other financial tools to perform budget and financial analysis, including but not limited to obligation, expenditure, monitoring, and reporting.
• Experience using DoD financial management systems, such as DAI, Findex, Advana, or SAM.Gov.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.