Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer.
How will you make an impact:
Successful individual will join a team that specializes in advanced network and communications systems development, with a focus on mobile, DoD networks operating at the tactical edge.
What will you bring to the role:
• US Citizenship and the ability to acquire/maintain DoD Secret Clearance
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related scientific/engineering field
• 5 years' experience
• Candidates should be expected to be on-site 3 days/week
- Designing software for embedded processors such as ARM Cortex-class processors
- C/C++ Programming
- Embedded Software
- Benchtop testing and equipment such as Logic Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes and Spectrum Analyzers
- Working with Petalinux, Yocto/OpenEmbedded and creating/customizing embedded Linux distributions and board support packages (BSPs)
- RTOS, VxWorks, Xenomai, Linux
- Real-Time Software/Hardware
- Strong proficiency with GIT version control system
- FPGA Embedded Systems Development i.e., Xilinx, ARM, Microblaze, PetaLinux
- Software Testing
- Automated and/or remote functional testing of embedded systems
- Continuous integration / continuous deployment with embedded systems
- Familiarity with serial protocols and drivers (ex. I2C, SPI, JTAG, etc.)
- Experience with / understanding of wireless radio communications systems fundamentals
- Experience on cross-functional teams; designing/developing software driver interfaces with collaborative input from FPGA developers
- Familiarity with Xilinx Versal and/or Zynq Ultrascale+
- Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Powershell.
- Strong familiarity with using Linux/Unix OS, command line and package management
- Documenting designs in wikis i.e., Confluence, Git, etc.
- Multithreaded and Multiprocessor Applications
- Master's Degree and/or PhD
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Job ID 4692
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.
HR. Website URL: