Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for a Systems Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer.
How will you make an impact:
Successful individual will develop and maintain high speed data transfer and recording, signal processing, systems analysis, real-time control, and visualization software. You will join a team that develops and maintains analysis, simulation, control, and signal processing software, as part of its emphasis on prototyping, modeling, and field testing of high-performance sensors.
A day in the life includes:
• Design, specify, implement, test, maintain and document modular software functionality within existing sensor simulation frameworks utilizing modern software engineering techniques, open-source programming tools, and Laboratory-specific support processes
• Optimize code latency and throughput on high-performance computing platforms for real-time, distributed data collection and signal processing applications
• Collaborate, develop and manage software products through effective use of version control and continuous integration software
• Organize multiple assignments for separate programs to meet aggressive schedules with high-quality products
• Participate in defining, describing and implementing deliverable capabilities
• Evaluate and propose use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, libraries and tools where applicable
• Provide system administration for both Windows and Linux operating systems, including remote and virtual capabilities
• Work independently and in small groups with frequent (daily) peer interaction and less frequent (weekly) supervision
• Participate in occasional field testing of developed systems
What will you bring to the role:
• U.S. Citizenship and able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• 5 years minimum experience
• Modeling and Simulation
• Operations Research
• Perform Trade Studies
• GUI Development
• Multithreaded programming
• Network programming
• Object Oriented Software Design and Development
• Real-Time Hardware/ Software Development and Implementation
• Scientific Programming ((Python, MATLAB, LabView, Mathematica, C++, etc.)
• Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, PowerShell.
• Shell Scripts
• Software Algorithms
• Software Build Scripting (Make/Cmake/Nmake)
• Software Design/Development
• System programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Rust, or Go)
• Scientific Software Development in Linux Environment (Git, Jupyter notebooks, Anaconda, Singularity)
• Linux OS and scripting
• Operating Systems (Linux OR Unix)
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Job ID 4630
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.
HR. Website URL: