Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for a Systems Administrator.
How will you make an impact:
Successful individual will join a team that is engaged in a wide range of projects focusing on cyber analytics and multimedia processing. An experienced Systems Administrator is needed to expand and maintain a heterogeneous network of Linux, Windows, OS X, VMware platforms and computer driven test equipment in support of AI research and development systems and test beds.
A day in the life:
• Provide technical support to users, provisioning new research systems, updating system configurations, solving user problems with application compatibility, installation, operating system upgrades and in general maintain a very heterogeneous and secure computing environment.
• Work with the Security Department (SSD) Information Systems Security Officers (ISSO) to assist in system compliance, issue detection, reporting and mitigation.
• Assist in developing and maintaining systems. Support audit, maintenance, and disposal in accordance with guidelines.
• Maintain configuration management and proper documentation.
• Manage access to IT systems and ensure users are aware of their security responsibilities.
• Conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with the SSPs.
• Work special security issues and interact with management as needed.
What will you bring to the role:
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
• Bachelor's Degree
• Linux Administration
• Python and Bash scripting
• Software Configuration Management i.e., Puppet or Ansible
• Configure and Manage Centralized Logging and Audit Capabilities
• Hardware: Intel/AMD, Cisco, Sun/Oracle, Dell, Apple, EMC, NetApp
• Virtualization Technologies to include VM management, Snapshots, SANs and iSCSI Storage Systems
• Development Tools (Eclipse, maven, git, github, JIRA, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.)
• Cisco IOS
• VM Ware ESXi and Associated Management Systems
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Req ID 4728
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.
HR. Website URL: