Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for a Software Developer. Ideally the candidate will have experience with designing embedded software on ARM Processors; specifically the ones included inside Xilinx FPGAs and the design tool flow that goes with it. .
How will you make an impact:
Successful candidate will develop software-based radio systems to support prototyping, lab experimentation, and field experimentation of novel communications and sensing applications.
- US Citizenship and able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance; an Active Secret Clearance highly preferred
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related scientific/engineering field
- 3 years minimum relevant experience
- Candidate should expect to be on-site 4 days/week
What will you bring to the role:
- Experience working with software defined radio hardware platforms (e.g. USRPs, GNURadio, UHD, AIR-T, or others) and developing software in C/C++ and/or Python to prototype communications systems
- Experience working with RF-related laboratory equipment (e.g. RF spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, RF power meters, etc.)
- Experience working in the Linux environment including writing command scripts and compiling and installing software packages
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including collaborating with other on-site and/or remote technical team members, preparing and sharing technical results with others, and documenting work to aid other team members and activities
- Configuration, control and operation of digital receiver/software defined radio hardware
- Radio Communications Concepts (software-defined radios, MAC, physical layer, RF)
- Working knowledge of signals and systems, digital signal processing, basic communications theory, probability, and linear algebra
- Experience using MATLAB to analyze signals that are generated in simulation or collected experimentally in a laboratory or field setting
- Experience performing research or trade analyses that involve mathematical modeling, formulating and characterizing solutions, and drawing evidence-based conclusions
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.
HR. Website URL: