Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for a MATLAB Software Engineer.
How will you make an impact:
Successful individual will join a team of analysts and algorithm developers to implement and document an advanced modular object-oriented system-level analysis and modeling tool in MATLAB.
A day in the life:
• Maintain codebase in Git that spans multiple classification levels and air-gapped networks
• Write technical documentation and users manuals for technical software
• Develop example scripts and unit tests to verify functionality of MATLAB object-oriented codebase
• Perform regression testing across multiple MATLAB versions to ensure compatibility
• Optimize existing codebase through utilization of parallelization and/or GPU techniques
• Serve as technical support for internal and external collaborators
• Add additional error and bounds checking on existing functions
• Develop user interfaces including GUIs to aid in software utilization
• Work with staff to incorporate existing tools and algorithms into common framework
What will you bring to the role:
• US Citizenship and Active Secret Clearance
• 5 years minimum experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• This is primarily on-site role with some flexibility to work at home 1day/week based on program needs
• MATLAB simulation development, including familiarity with recent (2019b+) argument validation and object-oriented features
• Code Generation from MATLAB / Simulink
• Integration of Java / C /C++ /other in MATLAB / Simulink
• Software version control repository using Git, GitHub / GitLab
• Software repository across multiple air-gapped networks i.e., using Git bundle
• Coding in object-oriented programming style
• Documenting MATLAB code utilizing built-in 'help' and 'doc' functionality
• Development of large simulation codebases with multiple collaborators
• Aerospace simulations
• Superior English technical writing skills in support of writing and maintaining effective software documentation (including user guides) following specific style guidelines
• MATLAB Signal Processing Techniques i.e., Fourier Transformations, filters, etc.
• Statistical Signal Processing, Wiener Filtering, MATLAB, Linear Algebra
• Maven / Autotools
• XML and SQL
• Independent problem solving
• Collaborate and coordinate in teams of 5-10 people
• Familiarity with missile defense and/or hypersonic technology and concepts
• Linux or Unix OS
• Sound knowledge of Java, Python, and C/C++
• Familiarity with code development and maintenance on Linux-based systems
• Code reviews with a large team of stakeholders
• Parallel computing environments and job management using Slurm
• Coursework or project experience in tracking, data fitting, statistics, flight simulation
• Data management
• Multiple I/O file formats, including writing parsers
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Job ID 4719
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.
HR. Website URL: