Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for an ISSO Specialist.
How will you make an impact:
Candidate will provide information systems security support to a key research and development division supporting intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) and tactical missions.
Individual must have strong technical skills and be able to respond to off-hours emergencies.
A day in the life includes:
• Assist in the security configuration and management of collateral classified and unclassified systems and networks in a variety of traditional and virtual environments including Linux, Unix, Solaris, and Windows
• Assist divisional ISSM and System Administrators in the development and maintenance of System Security Plans (SSP) and associated artifacts such as the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), Risk Assessment Report, and Continuous Monitoring Strategy.
• Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with the Risk Management Framework security policies and procedures.
• Collect, analyze, and store system audit records.
• Conduct network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation.
• Prepare for and participate in periodic organization compliance assessments.
• Ensure account management documentation is complete and updated.
• Maintain configuration management documentation (change tracking, maintenance logs, etc.)
What will you bring to the role:
• US Citizenship and Active Secret Clearance
• Minimum 5 years of IT security experience in DoD Industrial
• Securing multiple operating systems such as Windows, Linux and virtualization technologies
• Securing networks and systems utilizing DISA STIGs and/or SRGs
• Knowledgeable in RMF, NISPOM, and DSS Assessment and DAAPM
• Vulnerability scanning and auditing tools and processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and time management skills
• Possess Security+ certification or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire
• Possess Security 8570/8141 compliance certification or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire
• ACAS, Nessus, Splunk, OpenRmf , or McAfee EPO
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Req ID 4723
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information
HR. Website URL: