Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for a Full Stack Software Developer.
How will you make an impact:
Successful individual will join a team that works with US government agencies and military partners to develop, assess, and rapidly transition advanced systems in support of the Homeland's strategic interests. Developer will be required to work as an individual or within a team to design, develop, test, and transition software systems for a broad range of security and defense applications. This role is needed for software development, system architecting, quick-turn software prototyping, system testing, and enhancing systems in support of multiple homeland protection missions.
A Day In the Life:
• Develop software system requirements
• Rapidly prototype and test software to demonstrate functional requirements
• Implement professional quality software for long term use, evaluation, and industry transition
• Construct data streaming and data warehouse capabilities.
• Work with data analysts to develop data mining and deep learning algorithms for operations analysis, threat detection and decision support.
• Propose and apply technical solutions to problems in diverse programs
• Contribute or lead in efforts to adopt software engineering best practices
• Work enthusiastically in a team-oriented Agile development process
• Switch efficiently between tasks across multiple simultaneous projects
• Employ good time management and organization skills to work independently
What will you bring to the role:
• US Citizenship and the ability to acquire/maintain DoD Secret clearance
• MS plus 8 years minimum relevant experience or BS plus 10 years minimum relevant experience
• Software for distributed systems
• Java programming on Linux and Windows development environments
• Version control systems, documentation suites, and continuous integration packages (GIT/GITHUB)
• Database design and implementation
• Agile software development approaches
• Software/Algorithm Development
• IDE to Java
• Java Development
• Object Oriented Software Design and Development
• Software Documentation
• Publish-subscribe middleware, including ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ
• Maven or Gradle, Git / Gitlab, Make / Autotools
• Experience in continuous integration
• Hardware and Software Integration
• Exhibit effective written and verbal communication skills
• MATLAB software development
• C/C++ Programming
• Java/J2EE/JEE (JSP, SERVLETS, JDBC, JSTL, SOAP) Development
• JSON, Protobuf, and SQL-Based Databases
• Implementation experience with Elastic Stack
• Python software development
• Experience with GPU programming
• Database applications including relational and NoSQL models
• Data storage and warehousing systems
• Streaming data analytic frameworks
• REST web services
• Multicast IP video, including MPEG2-TS and FFMPEG
• Cross domain systems administration, including Forcepoint High Speed Guard
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Req ID 4736
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.
HR. Website URL: