Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for an ISSO Specialist to continue work within an established Cyber Security team.
A Day In the Life:
• Assist and Support necessary compliance activities
• Continuously validate the organization against policies/guidelines/procedures/regulations/laws to ensure compliance.
• Ensure that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
• Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in the organization's vision and goals.
• Track audit findings and recommendations to ensure that appropriate mitigation actions are taken.
• Recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain an organization's cybersecurity requirements.
• Provide technical documents, incident reports, findings from computer examinations, summaries, and other situational awareness information to key stake holders. Recognize a possible security violation and take appropriate action to report the incident, as required.
• Assist the Program Managers and ISSM in the development and maintenance of System Security Plans (SSP) and associated artifacts such as POA&M, Risk Assessment Report, and Continuous Monitoring Strategy.
• Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with organization security policies and procedures.
• Conduct network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation.
• Lead and align IT security priorities with the security strategy.
• Prepare for and participate in periodic organization compliance assessments. Interpret patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the enterprise's cybersecurity program.
What will you bring to the role:
• US Citizenship and Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
• 4 years minimum experience
• System Auditing
• Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security)
Regulatory & Compliance
• DISA STIGs / SCAP
• Assessing Security Controls (CS105.16)
• Assessment and Authorization
• Authorizing Systems (CS106.16)
• Categorization of the System (CS102.16)
• Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
• Implementation of Controls (CS104.16)
• Monitoring Security Controls (CS107.16)
• NIST 800-53
• NIST SP 800-37
• Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Selecting Security Controls (CS103.16)
• Bachelor's Degree
• NIST 800-171
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Req ID 4741
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.
HR. Website URL: