Posted by: Solidus Technical Solutions on Sep 19, 2023
Solidus is searching for a Software/Algorithm Developer.
How will you make an impact:
The successful individual will work on air defense issues, in particular air vehicle survivability, vulnerability of United States Air Force aircraft to weapons systems, electronic countermeasures, and air surveillance for homeland defense. In support of these efforts, the team maintains, operates and develops a variety of software for interfacing with hardware, data acquisition, real-time signal processing, organization, and visualization of data collected from sensors that run on the group's testbed aircraft and ground systems. We are seeking two Software Developers to assist with development, support and upgrades to a suite of software tools for organizing, storing, and analyzing the large amounts of data being collected.
A day in the life:
• Applications include the development of real-time signal processing algorithms, sensor control and instrumentation, automation, and front-end GUI applications for engineers and end-users.
• Additional responsibilities include maintaining the integrity of the team's core software libraries, development of unit and integration tests, participating in code reviews, and standing up new development infrastructure.
What will you bring to the role:
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7 years of related experience
• Strong C++ background with modern C++ (C++ 11 or later)
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design paradigms, the STL, and Boost libraries
• Linux development experience, minimum 3 years
• Experience with debuggers
• Linux debuggers such as gdb.
• Modern CMake
• Qt 5 and Qt 6
• DDS messaging technologies or similar publish/subscribe technologies
• Digital signal processing and digital sensors
• Multi-threaded applications
• Networking and serial interfaces
• Experience with Agile workflows and JIRA
What we will bring: Solidus offers you an exciting opportunity to tackle the nation's greatest challenges applying innovation and expertise to produce cutting-edge results that have a long-lasting impact. We offer outstanding benefits, generous PTO and much more! Apply today to learn why Solidus has a 4.9/5 Star rating on Glassdoor!
Req ID 4730
Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities regarding all terms and conditions of employment to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The Company will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
HR. Website URL: