Posted by: Louis Berger Services on Jun 03, 2023
WASHINGTON - 23RD STREET NW , DC
Project Manager: Solar/PV Power Plant
Who We Are - Louis Berger Services (LBS)
We are Louis Berger Services (LBS) and we specialize in operational excellence for defense mission and public critical infrastructure and facilities, globally. We offer turnkey operation and management solutions to reduce risk and life-cycle costs. As people-focused, safety-minded collaborators we are committed to unlocking the potential held by a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Join us and be involved in projects in our growing organization that partners with national, state, and local government agencies, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients.
At the core of everything we do are our values: safety, ethics, respect, value, inclusion, community and excellence. These values are instilled into all of our relationships, projects, programs, and activities enabling us to provide solutions that have a positive impact on society.
Louis Berger Services, member of WSP USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
Louis Berger Power KSA is looking for a qualified Project Manager with an experience in power systems project management and solar PV power plants to fill a full-time role at our ongoing and future projects in Saudi Arabia and the region.
Project manager will lead and work closely with project team members to ensure that all project requirements, quality, HSE, deadlines and schedules are on track. the PM will be responsible for submitting project deliverables, preparing progress reports, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution strategy.
The PM should have proven experience in project management and the ability to lead project teams. PMP certification from PMI is a plus
Position Level: Medium Management Level (Accountable Position)
Location: Saudi Arabia
Reporting to: LBPKSA PMO
• Overall project responsibility including, budget, planning, HSE, quality, risk assessment and mitigation, engineering, construction, testing and commissioning and close out activities.
• Project budgeting and financial model understanding and development, at the various project stage gates
• Managing and coordination of project team/stakeholders; project engineer, project support team, customer project manager, owners' engineers, as well as the construction subcontractor to ensure subcontractors adherence to standards, permits, performance, quality and safety expectations
• Well understanding of project contractual obligations and terms and conditions
• Manage day to day the project activities including commercial and contractual issues
• Review/develop technical standards, specifications, drawings and documents.
• Work with PMO/management to implement internal Project Control tools
• Report to PMO/management on power plant progress, costs, schedule, safety, quality, etc.
• Negotiate/manage contracts with the vendors and subcontractors in the favor of project budget and back-to-back with the project contract terms and conditions.
• Setting up project execution strategy
• Project risk assessment, mitigation and reporting
• Project expenses control in the favor or cashflow and time schedule.
• Project team and resource management; monitoring, control and allocation
• Revision/development of project scope of work in line with the contractual agreement.
• Well understanding for the value-added engineering in the favor of project profit improvement.
• Strong communication with all project stakeholder and ability to negotiate and convince the client in technical solution in the favor of project budget and profit.
• Negotiation skills with client, designers, project stakeholders, contractors and suppliers
• Project planning preparation/review and development using primavera or MS Project.
• Ensure the compliance to the health and safety, applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
• Manage and coordinate with client owner's Engineering and client technical and engineering team as required to facilitate design reviews and approval.
• Coordinate multiple contractors at various stages of the project.
• Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
• Supervise and monitor subcontractors and ensure their work is in line with project specifications, requirements, progress and contract terms and condition
• Ensure the materials and Equipment are installed properly at site and within the applicable code and standard.
• Ensure proper storage area at site.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
• Upon completion of projects and site work, candidate to help the team in sales and business development. For this task, the candidate should be based in Riyadh city.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Power Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 10 years' project management experience.
• Experience in renewable energy and solar PV projects is a must.
• PMP Certification from PMI is a plus.
• Proven records for complete execution of power system projects. (In Saudi Arabia is a plus).
• Experience in EPC contract management and negotiation skills in contract terms and conditions.
• The PM must possess knowledge and experience with planning, program development, construction management and maintenance.
• The PM must possess experience in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
• The PM must possess experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and other applicable systems.
• Experience in Primavera and MS project scheduling software is required.
Candidates must understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
Employment Type: Full-time
Additional Requirements Louis Berger Services, member of WSP USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Additional Details Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience Minimum Years Experience: 7-10 years Travel Required: 25% Job Status: Regular Employee Type: Full Primary Location: WASHINGTON - 23RD STREET NW All locations: Saudi Arabia
HR. Website URL: