Posted by: VISTA Technology Services on Dec 05, 2022
VISTA Technology Services, Inc. (VISTA) is seeking a Senior Accountant to join growing organization located in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will be part of a highly professional, results-oriented company and will provide comprehensive financial business management support to the CEO and senior management team. We work in a collaborative team environment and we support hybrid teleworking schedules.
The Senior Accountant must be able to perform diverse accounting and finance functions using Deltek Costpoint accounting system. Duties include contract and project set-up (CPFF, T&M, FFP), billing, managing accounts receivable (AR) and monthly billed and unbilled reconciliations, processing and reconciling accounts payable (AP), labor distribution, month-end closing, and assisting with payroll, general ledger accounting, monthly financial reporting, annual audits, and state and local tax filings.
Skills and Abilities
Extensive knowledge of the practices and principles of government contract accounting, contract management, budgeting, cash management, generally accepted accounting principles, relevant state and federal statutes, Deltek Costpoint, ADP Workflow, MS Excel, and MS Word.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration required
• Minimum 7 years of accounting experience including 5 yrs of federal government contractor accounting experience required
• Advanced Deltek Costpoint and MS Excel skills required; Cognos, ADP Workflow and Microsoft Office Suite experience highly desirable
• Knowledge of a service-based business operation with federal government contracting as well as business principles such as job costs, cost collection, analysis techniques, and project control
• Experience setting up CPFF, T&M, and FFP federal contracts and projects, completing monthly billings and assisting managers with Project Status Reports (PSRs) required
• Experience with AR and AP account reconciliations, month-end and year-end closing, and providing assistance with financial statements required
• Experience supporting incurred cost submission and annual audit and tax processing helpful
• Supervisor experience helpful
VISTA offers a strong compensation package and a competitive leave package. A generous benefit plan includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, tuition assistance, and employer matching 401(k) plan.
To learn more about VISTA and to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.vistatsi.com.
VISTA is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Disability/Veterans Employer.
HR. Website URL: