Posted by: Cinteot on Nov 12, 2022
Location - Herndon, VA
The GEOINT Repository for Needs (GRFN) Program, currently entering its third year of a 5-year contract with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), provides critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. The GEOINT Information Management Services (GIMS) system operates on multiple security levels and combines FOSS/COTS software/hardware with a custom-built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevSecOps and Agile methodologies. These software development methodologies emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals. Operational stability is the program's number one priority. As a member of the Development Team, the selected individual will be required to be part of an agile scrum team and be knowledgeable in numerous development tools and technologies.
The Database Specialist designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. They use data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. They determine data storage and optimum storage requirements. The Specialist prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
- Domain Knowledge with NGA/Intelligence Community (IC) Systems
- Experience in Oracle and Postgres RDBMS
- Experience with data modeling tools.
- Experience with Performance and Tuning of Oracle Database.
- Ability to analyze data discrepancies and develop PL/SQL & SQL to correct discrepancies.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
Applicant selected must possess a current TS / SCI clearance (government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information).
- Experience with Oracle Spatial & Materialized Views
- Oracle RAC 12c/11g experience
- development perspective (database and application), PL/SQL, MS Windows Server, Linux, etc.
- Ability to analyze existing database schema DDL/instance layout and determine impacts migrating to new target schema/instance environment.
- Ability to interact with Internal & External DBAs and help
- Experience with Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) design and architecture
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts, design and best practices
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse Facts, Dimensions, Aggregations and Partitioning approaches
- Experience with storage systems architectures and performance
- Familiar with database security practice and technologies
- Familiar with Oracle Label Security (OLS)
HR. Website URL: