Posted by: California Correctional Health Care Services on Jun 15, 2022
Research Data Specialist II – (HQ-EHRS)
$74,556 - $93,324 annually
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking a professional well versed in data management and analysis to serve as a project lead in the Electronic Health Records System (EHRS) Documentation and Decision Support Unit in our Medical Services Division.
In this key position, you will:
• Serves as a technical expert on routine to complex EHRS design and build projects involving the innovation and development of front-end real time clinical decision support tools focused on the Integrated Substance-use Disorder Treatment (ISUDT) Program.
• Perform routine to complex EHRS build activities that involve integration of Cerner Event Codes, Cerner Computerized Provider Order, entry additions, patient information worksheet tools, order entry formats, discrete task assays, power plans, power forms, and Mpages for use in the construction of front-end real time clinical decision support tools.
• Independently identify new strategies and present information for clinical decision-making at the point-of-care.
• Serve as a project lead for small to mid-scale projects, develops and manages project work plans, and ensures that projects, project objectives, and deadlines are completed under critical timelines.
• Lead, mentor, and develop lower-level research and technical staff in the use of Structured Querying Language (SQL), Cerner Command Language (CCL), and third-party packages.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
• A minimum of 12 semester or 18 quarter units in any combination of a data-driven research-related field, such as economics, mathematics, psychology, sociology, demography, geography, anthropology, or statistics, which must also include at least one course in statistical methods; and equivalent to graduation with a bachelor’s degree. Work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis by applicants who have the required units. A master’s degree in the areas noted above may be substituted for two years of the required experience. A doctoral degree in the areas noted above may be substituted for three years of the required experience.
Additionally, you must meet minimum qualifications through one of the following paths:
• Five years of progressively responsible quantitative and qualitative data research experience engaged in the collection, compilation, manipulation, analysis, and interpretation of data.
• One year of experience in California state service performing data research-oriented duties equivalent to a Research Data Specialist I
In return for your efforts, CCHCS offers a competitive benefits package, including:
• Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
• Secure State of California retirement that vests in five years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
• Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans
• And much more
This distinctive opportunity is available at CCHCS’ Headquarters in Elk Grove, located approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento.
Take the first step in joining this innovative program and apply online at: https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5652248&user_id=
Bachelors degree or higher
Commensurate with experience
HR. Website URL: