Posted by: U.S. Postal Service on Nov 23, 2021
Dulles , VA 20101
In this role you will regularly operate a heavy-duty tractor-trailer in all weather conditions either in over-the-road, city shuttle service, or trailer spotting operations. Benefits may include health insurance and retirement. This position requires a commercial driver’s license. Many TTO positions offer short delivery runs allowing you more time with your family at home.
Job duties include:
• Operate a tractor-trailer for an assigned delivery route according to a schedule
• Pick up and deliver bulk mail at postal installations, railroad facilities and airports
• Monitor the condition of the tractor-trailer and report accidents, defects or failures
• Pick up, load, carry and deliver moderate to heavy mail and packages
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operates a tractor-trailer in conformity with time schedules and in accordance with instructions regarding the route assigned; or operates a tractor-trailer in unscheduled service directed move by move by telephone, two-way radio or through designated supervisors.
2. Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at postal installations, mailing concerns, railroad mail facilities and airports.
3. Ascertains the condition of the tractor-trailer prior to leaving and in returning to garage; reports all accidents , mechanical defects noted, and mechanical failures in the course of the trip.
4. Makes decisions respecting changes in route in emergency; makes emergency decisions respecting loading mail or leaving it for later trip.
5. In addition, may prepare daily trip reports; make minor repairs or adjustments to vehicle in emergencies; load and unload mail; perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
***TTO positions require a Class A Commercial Drivers’ License**
Tips for Job Search:
• Enter keywords: “Tractor Trailer Operator” or “TTO”
High school or ged
Commensurate with experience