Posted by: ASRC Federal on Nov 16, 2021
Alexandria , VA
ASRC Federal Data Networx provides information security, enterprise architecture, software development and health IT solutions to federal government customers. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices. We are seeking a Windows Systems Administrator for our Lorton, VA location.
- General Microsoft Windows system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
- Schedule and perform regular systems maintenance.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Working with team members to integrate tool with other IT systems and attending meetings with the client to understand requirements, change requests and defect reports.
- Should be able to provide guidelines, do or don't do recommendations and resolutions.
Requirements: Must possess an active Secret security clearance and be eligible for Top Secret.
- Knowledge in any of the following: MS Windows, Active directory, and Group Policies.
- Strong experience with system management tools, logical file systems, and client/server environments.
- Knowledge of DoD Security Policies.
- Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation and team work competencies.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various ports and protocols.
Nice to have: Knowledge of Linux
- Must have a valid CompTIA Security certification (or equivalent).
8 years professional systems configuration and maintenance experience, Windows data center environment. - A minimum of 3 years' experience supporting a mission critical IT infrastructure.
Experience with Virtualization, preferably Hyper V
Experience with iSCSI Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions, preferably DELL SAN's.
Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation and team work competencies.
Knowledge of DISA STIG requirements.
Active DoD 8570 IA baseline security certification for IAT Level II (e.g. Security CE, CCNA Security).
Active DoD 8570 Computing Environment certification, or commitment to obtaining such certification within first three months after hire date.
Experience with HBSS and ACAS
Experience with LAN
General knowledge and experience with network devices
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
HR. Website URL: