Posted by: Navy Exchange Service Command on Nov 03, 2021
Virginia Beach , VA
Job Summary: Responsible for all matters regarding corporate accounting travel financial analyses reporting and budget development for the nonappropriated fund NAF programs within NEXCOM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the communication, processing and analyses of operational and statistical data, reports, and analysis regarding, business performance.
- Conducts special studies and analysis directed by CEO, Deputy Commander, COO or CFO.
- Drafts procedural instructions and guidance for use by field and headquarters budget administrators to ensure proper and timely submission of budget data input.
- Reviews system wide roll up of field activities budget submissions and headquarters departmental budget submissions for compliance with program goals. Is responsible for the preparation of background comments and recommends adjustments, where necessary.
- Is responsible for the promulgation of the approved fiscal year budget to headquarters and field level management.
- Responsible for analyzing the monthly Operating Statements to evaluate the profitability, efficiency and effectiveness of Exchange operations. Ascertain current status and detect and/or forecast adverse trends that may be developing.
- Active nonvoting member of the Contract Review Board.
- Prepares Power Point presentations for Executive Briefs.
- Participates as a member in the BoD Finance Committee Working Group as needed.
- Prepares periodic reports showing the financial status of the Navy Exchange to include monthly flash financial reports, final operating performance reports and other financial reports as necessary.
- Responsible for the annual MWR local dividends calculation in accordance with the authorized profits distribution plan.
- Creates, administers, and maintains the company's Financial Business Plan - 5 year forecast (Cornerstone Document).
- As directed, makes presentations and briefings to all levels regarding the Navy Exchange System financial operating performance and budget development.
- Supervises a subordinate staff of Corporate Accountants, Financial Analysts, Budget Analysts, and Travel associates in Grade NF-2 to NF-4. When available, uses the talents of other Code F personnel to perform more frequent and/or expansive analyses of field/headquarters financial performance.
- Carries out EEO policies and communications support of these policies to subordinates.
- Works under the general supervision of the VP Controller, who outlines objectives, policy and overall project priorities.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required.
DEGREE: Accounting; or a degree in a related business field that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting.
OR A COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include - Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses; or completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Six years of experience that provided a broad knowledge of one or more functional areas of financial management, such as: budgeting, corporate accounting, auditing, financial analysis, program evaluation, financial or statistical reporting that included developing, coordinating and executing financial plans from development through execution; conducting financial operation reviews, and supervisory experience; or similar work which demonstrated the knowledge and abilities of financial management.
HR. Website URL: