Posted by: Ross Group on Sep 15, 2021
Travis AFB , CA 94535
This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing the safety and loss prevention program for construction site projects.
In this role you will …
• Assist in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities
• Supervise and coordinate project emergency action procedures, including work assignments, personnel administration, staffing, and training for emergency contingency plans
• Develop and administer job site safety and environmental training
• Complete daily project safety audits, as well as property damage and personal injury investigations
• Provide oversight to ensure that the project site conforms to all applicable safety regulations
• Document all accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions
• Provide problem resolution for sites that are in violation of safety standards
• Support OSHA compliance officers, corporate safety officers, and insurance inspectors during on-site audits
• Monitor contractor compliance with OSHA and Ross Group safety requirements
• Maintain all safety documents for the project site
• Facilitate necessary safety meetings
• Submit unplanned event forms to Human Resources if a work-related injury occurs
• Assist in preparing written appeals for safety violation citations
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
• Manage staff through ensuring appropriate staffing, provide formal and informal evaluations/feedback, addressing employee issues when warranted and providing appropriate training and mentoring.
As the ideal candidate you…
• Have experience in safety management on construction job sites, with a Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety and Health, or a related field.
• Have a proven successful project history of maintaining quality and safety, you excel at managing rapidly changing priorities to accomplish project goals.
• Effectively manage field staff by appropriately staffing projects, providing formal and informal evaluations/feedback, addressing employee issues, and providing appropriate training and mentoring
• Use strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of employees, Ross Group management, and outside partners such as owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers
• Are willing and able to travel to Ross Group project sites, typically located throughout the South and Midwest
• Don’t mind flexible work hours, with an average of 50 hours per week or as needed
Expectations in this role include …
• Identifying problems, gathering and analyzing information, and consulting with associated staff to make your project successful
• Meeting established goals, while ensuring quality of work through accuracy and thoroughness
• Being flexible, well organized, and detail oriented, using efficient time management skills to meeting project deadlines and schedules
• Making timely decisions using sound and accurate judgment while keeping appropriate people informed in the decision process.
• Having a working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office, and the internet
• Working to increase your job knowledge, exhibiting the ability to learn and apply new skills
You are physically able to …
• Work outdoors in extreme conditions such as cold, heat, and humidity on a regular, daily basis
• Stand, climb, bend, and stoop on a regular, daily basis
• Use visual and auditory skills
Some positions warrant eligibility for a monthly auto allowance. When an employee is deemed eligible, the use of the vehicle must be for the employer’s convenience; the use of the vehicle must be required as a condition of employment; vehicle must qualify as an acceptable vehicle defined by Company depending on the employee’s function within the organization.
High school or ged
Commensurate with experience
HR. Website URL: