Posted by: U.S. Postal Service on Feb 08, 2021
ANGOLA , IN 46703-9998
Job Posting Period
02/08/2021 - 02/13/2021
CONTACT INFORMATION: Darlene Smith | email@example.com|
Title: LABORER CUSTODIAL
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 3502-03XX
Non-Scheduled Days: SUNDAY
Hours: 07:30 A.M. -12:30 P.M.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
SALARY RANGE: $16.42- $26.02 per hour paid bi-weekly
BENEFIT INFORMATION: This is a career position which offers excellent benefits. Newly hired employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Upon hire, employees are eligible to contribute into the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is similar to 401(k) plans. We also offer the option to enroll into the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program as well as the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI). Dental, Vision and Long-Term Care Insurance Programs as well as Flexible Spending Accounts to cover eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care (day care) expenses are also available. We offer extra pay when working on a federal holiday (10 per calendar year) as well as accrued vacation and sick leave.
Performs manual labor in connection with maintenance and cleaning of the buildings and grounds of a postal facility; assists
in firing low pressure boiler and in making minor repairs to the building and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Makes or assists in making minor maintenance repairs to building and equipment.
2. In smaller buildings assists the fireman-laborer in firing the boiler; in firemen-laborer's absence fires and cleans the boiler.
3. Operates a variety of power driven equipment such as floor scrubbers, floor sanders, waxers, and wall washers; adjusts brushes, buffers, and other attachments on machines; uses wax, polish, and other protective agents appropriate for the various surfaces; washes walls and ceilings from scaffolding.
4. Performs general laboring duties such as uncrating and assembling furniture and fixtures using bolts and screws for assembly, loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
5. Performs janitorial duties such as cleaning, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; washes walls and ceiling; dusts furniture and fixtures; cleans hardware and toilet fixtures; washes windows; cares for lawns and shrubs; cleans sidewalks and driveways and removes ashes, snow and ice.
6. In addition, may: operate elevator, stack supplies in storage rooms and on shelves; move furniture and equipment.
High school or ged
$20,000 to $40,000
HR. Website URL: