Posted by: OBXtek, Inc. on Jan 13, 2021
OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is currently staffing for a Data Center Support Specialist to support SSA's DSUSF division. Position requires a Public Trust Suitability or eligibility for Public Trust.
The Systems Problem Resolution Branch (SPRB) monitors and provides technical support for all mainframe functions in the National Service Center (NSC) in Urbana, Maryland.
The SPRB staff handles the following:
Provides operational direction, problem determination and resolution, and documentation on all aspects of mainframe, multi-processor environment processing, Maintains the highest degree of mainframe uptime possible, Communicates with software support personnel, management and vendors to resolve problems, Interfaces with NSC and Secondary Support Center (SSC) personnel to remain current on all system changes, procedures and documentation, and Mitigates and minimizes all outage situations. The primary purpose of the Data Center Support Specialist is to support evolving data center design and coordinate implementation of enterprise technologies.
• The contractor shall develop charts, graphs, floor drawings, procedures, and documentation in support of facilities or division related projects. These efforts include the coordination of these projects. This also includes Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings facility rooms and spaces.
• The contractor shall attend facilities planning and coordination meetings with DCBFM officials from building management and security.
• The contractor will assist in supporting open systems network and computing systems and services by suggesting best practices and information technology service management principles.
• The contractor shall install and uninstall equipment and provide status updates regarding the completeness of installation and the remaining activities necessary to finish installation, if incomplete. The status of the installation will be provided via email and documented in the assigned change ticket, if the installation is not complete.
• The contractor shall prepare designated work orders, as necessary, to modify the facility for installation of network equipment. The work orders will include: change record number, types of cables needed to complete installation, information on hardware requiring installation, and the due date for completion.
• The contractor shall utilize state-of-the-art technology in network configurations and physical planning.
• The contractor shall update and develop specialized information reports as directed. Panel schedules would be an example of a specialized report.
• The contractor shall recommend physical location and cabling configurations of the hardware and facilitates implementation. This will be achieved via a written installation plan provided for review by the task manager and/or project lead.
Active or Eligible for Public Trust Clearance.
10+ years of task-related experience
Data Center facility and networked equipment planning, coordinating and implementation experience, experience with design blueprints/drawings.
Shift schedule: Evening shift 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, or train on midnight shift 12:00 am - 8:30 am, then move to day shift 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Alternate work schedule: workdays Thursday - Monday, off Tuesday - Wednesday
Contractors are currently teleworking due to COVID. Contractors for this task are essential, and when scheduled to work onsite, contractors must report to work, even during inclement weather conditions.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People\u2026Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers\u2019 knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
HR. Website URL: