Posted by: U.S. Postal Service on Jul 27, 2020
OXNARD , CA 96036
1. Diagnoses operating difficulties on a variety of vehicles and performs operational checks on engines; its major supporting systems, parts, components, assemblies; including emissions systems, electrical, computer and electronic controlled components.
2. Performs various computerized and electronic diagnostic tests using specialized equipment; interprets trouble codes and other information from electronic scanners and test analyzers; uses reference materials such as service manuals and wiring schematics to determine operational difficulties, drive ability problems and evaluates performance efficiency.
3. Conducts road tests before and after maintenance and repairs; annotates vehicle problems on work orders.
4. Troubleshoots malfunctioning vehicles resulting from road calls and identifies improperly functioning part(s).
5. Conducts vehicle inspections, determines necessary repairs, annotates established estimated repair time (ERT); assigns and schedules work for individual employees or a group of employees engaged in vehicle maintenance.
6. Performs maintenance and repairs resulting from normal preventive maintenance inspections.
7. Provides technical guidance and instructions to mechanics and technicians on more difficult repairs and in the use of specialized computer-aided diagnostic equipment.
8. Maintains, prepares and updates vehicle maintenance records, annotates repairs, labor hours and other relevant data.
9. Assists in training personnel in the repair of vehicles and the use of specialized computer-aided diagnostic equipment.
10. Personally observes and monitors compliance of established safety practices and procedures of vehicle maintenance activities; complies with all postal, local, state, and federal environmental regulations and policies.
High school or ged
$40,000 to $60,000