Posted by: U.S. Postal Service on Jun 25, 2020
LOS ANGELES , CA 90052
1. Designs and implements programs of preventive health education for a geographic area.
2. Oversees medical contract services provided within the area assigned. Monitors the quality of work provided and implements changes where required.
3. Maintains confidential employee medical records, ensuring that entries are current; prepares summaries of medical information on a regular and as needed basis
4. Ensures that employees are trained in the procedures and resources available for obtaining emergency medical care.
5. Determines the availability of wellness programs, blood pressure screenings, inoculation, and related services in the local community, and makes arrangements to provide these services to employees.
6. Works with the employee assistance function to identify, refer and follow-up on employees needing these services.
Consults with local employee assistance committees and coordinators to ensure that resources are readily available.
7. Coordinates the development and implementation of mandated health protection programs in conjunction with employees from the safety function.
8. Develops and reviews local crisis management plans; assists in identifying community based medical services to support these plans.
9. Serves on the local joint safety and health committee. Reviews accident reports to assist in identifying safety hazards; consults with representatives of labor and management in identifying and resolving safety and health issues.
10. Provides guidance to injury compensation specialists in understanding work-related injuries, treatment, and physical limitations. Provides medial liaison with OWCP; monitors progress of limited duty and rehabilitation employees.
11. Visits facilities to identify safety and health hazards and obtain feedback on the quality of contractor supplied medical services.
12. May supervise the day-to-day activities of a health unit.
13. Responds to medical emergencies in the facilities to which assigned.
Bachelors degree or higher
Commensurate with experience