Posted by: U.S. Postal Service on Mar 23, 2020
Nationwide , VA
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
2. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
3. Loads mail in vehicle.
4. Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers' roadside boxes.
5. Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post;furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
7. Prepares mail for forwarding and maintains records of change of address information.
8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
9. Conducts special surveys when required.
10. Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
11. Provides for mail security at all times.Rural Carrier Associates are non-career employees who provide customers along a rural route a variety of services including delivering and collecting mail and selling stamps, supplies and money orders. Desirable candidates may be required to have a vehicle suitable for use and live within easy commuting distance of the facility location.
The job is physically demanding. Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Carriers may be required to load and unload trays and containers of mail and parcels weighing as much as 70 pounds. Work is available usually on Saturdays, then on an as needed basis to cover the absence of the carrier.
Manager, Customer Services; Supervisor, Customer Services; or Postmaster
RCAs must be available to work on an as needed basis.
Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.*A personal vehicle suitable for use may be required for this position*
BENEFIT INFORMATION:This is a non-career position, which may lead to a career position. RCAs are immediately eligible to enroll in the USPS Health Benefits Plan with a Postal Service premium contribution. After completing one year without a break in service of more than 5days, RCAs may also be eligible for: health insurance under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB); dental and vision insurance through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP); flexible spending accounts program through FSAFEDS and long term care insurance through the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program(FLTCIP). May receive Wounded Warrior leave provided eligibility criteria are met.
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or other territory owing permanent allegiance to the United States. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position. Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations (when applicable), and background checks will be sent by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondence to be received - @usps.gov; @jobtryout.net;@psionline.com; @geninfo.com; @uspis.gov. EXAM: If an exam is required and you are invited to take the test, instructions regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email. Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity. SCREENINGS: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quicklyas we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI finger print check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
High school or ged
Commensurate with experience
HR. Website URL: