Posted by: Global Planning Initiatives, LLC on Sep 12, 2020
Billet: HHQ Cell Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC)/Air Battle Manager/Observer-Trainer
Description: The CAOC/Air Battle Manager/Observer-Trainer (O/T) (SME) is a member of the USFF’s Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Operations team in support of Operational Level Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) and Maritime Operations Center (MOC) Training. The Operations team provides exercise planning, system architecture and event execution solutions utilizing the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) and Navy Training Baseline (NTB) for the application of M&S technologies and interfaces for use in Joint, Combatant Commander (CCMD), US Fleet Forces (USFF) and the Numbered Fleets training, exercise and experimentation events. The HHQ cell provides subject matter expertise on joint doctrine, operations and command and control (C2) for the MOC-Exercise Support Team (EST) with members well versed in joint doctrine. The HHQ cell replicates the function of either a geographic combatant commander (GCC) or joint task force (JTF) headquarters. The role is normally determined at the IPC for stand-alone FST-Os or Joint exercise (integrated FST-O into a BLUE FLAG as an example). The goal is for the Fleet MOC to execute training most realistic environment possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC)/Air Battle Manager is the key USAF A3 (operations) representative to the HHQ.
• Focus on providing CAOC/USAF response cell operations to stand-alone FST-O exercises.
• Coordinates all Navy air tasking order (ATO) inputs for Joint and CCMD exercises.
• Serves as the J3 in the HHQ cell during the planning and execution cycles.
• During exercise execution, monitor select Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) functions to include apportionment of air assets, airspace control measures, airlift priority, area air defense commander (AADC) responsibilities, and requests for space systems support.
• Creates Operations and Intelligence (O&I) brief to coordinate all planning and execution functions of the MOC-EST.
• HHQ representative to all JECG meetings.
Skills and Experience:
Retired USAF O-5/O-6
AOC / Air Battle Management Experience
CCMD staff Experience
TS/SCI Security Clearance eligible
Bachelors degree or higher
Commensurate with experience
HR. Website URL: