Posted by: Global Planning Initiatives, LLC on May 30, 2018
GPI has an immediate opening for a senior operations research analyst. ORSA certification or degree is strongly preferred, but other similar certifications in advanced analysis, metrics, or assessment may be considered. U.S. Navy experience in maritime operations, strongly preferred, USMC candidates with demonstrable maritime experience considered.
The candidate will work as an integral part of the Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC) N8 Experimentation Directorate and provide Operational Research Analysis of experiments/events conducted as part of the Fleet Experimentation (FLEX) Program and other DOD/DON experiments manages by Commander, Navy Warfare Command (CNWDC).
The Operational Research Analyst candidate will be required to provide or possess the following:
* Ability to execute Operations Research Analyst duties as assigned in support of experimentation using statistical analysis, simulations, predictive modeling, or other methods to analyze information and develop and recommend practical solutions.
* Execute rigorous analysis and evaluation of concept development, including examination of various proposals/positions or tests.
* Provide primary analysis support for fleet experiments including war games, tabletop analysis, Fleet Battle Experiments, fleet exercises and experiments, Limited Objective Experiments (LOEs) and joint warfare experiments.
* Develop the best methods/approaches to establish underlying data relationships based on experiment objectives.
* Assist in the development of experiment objectives, plans, and recommended courses of action throughout the lifecycle of the experiment.
* Fully participate in all phases of experiments including assisting in the execution of the Initial Planning Conference, Main Planning Conference, Final Planning Conference, Execution, and Post Execution activities.
* Assists in the KM management of experiments using government provided portals or websites for event, initiative and analysis document development.
* Possess strong writing skills enabling preparation of briefs, white papers and other documentation related to Navy experimentation at the Flag Level.
* Provide technical and tactical subject matter expertise to NWDC government and contractor leads for experimentation events/initiatives.
* Conduct coordination with principal stakeholders of FLEX efforts
* Assist and advise in aligning and coordinating experimentation initiatives with Fleet events and venues.
* Develop or assist in the development of the experiment data collection plan
* Conduct experimentation event/initiative planning, design, and execution
* Produce post-experiment briefings and support
* Develop final experiment reports based on analytical rigor
* Develop post-experiment doctrine, organization, training, materiel, leadership and education, personnel and facilities (DOTMLPF) change recommendations.
Travel: Occasional travel by analysts from NWDC in Norfolk, VA to sites affiliated with FLEX will be required to support technical progress discussion or for presenting deliverables.
Bachelor's degree in operations research or at least 24 semester hours in operations research required, Master’s Degree preferred. Expertise required to execute the operational research analyst’s tasks must include competence in the rigorous methods of scientific inquiry and analysis rather than in the subject matter of the problem. Experience in and knowledge of maritime operations is desired.
Candidate must to hold a Secret clearance and be eligible for Top Secret (TS) SCI Access. Candidate possessing a current TS clearance preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Bachelors degree or higher
Commensurate with experience
HR. Website URL: