AMVETS Career Centers, powered by The Call of Duty Endowment, provide free-of-charge career training and employment assistance for veterans and service members from the active, guard and reserve, and their spouses. We are staffed by volunteers, who will reach out to the local community and companies big and small to match job-seeking veterans with employers who are eager to hire veterans.
Some of the services we provide are:
• Career assessment to guide veterans into the right career choices
• Training and educational options that will help the veteran develop the work-related skills employers want
• Support in obtaining licensing and certification to document a veteran’s work-related skills
• Interview skills training to prepare for those first post-military interviews
• Resume writing support to help veterans present their best selves to employers
• Job search assistance to maximize the effectiveness of a veterans search
• Interview clothes for those who need professional attire
• Connection to hundreds of employers who are ready and eager to hire military veterans
• National Service Officers referrals to help with VA claims.
If you are a veteran in need of support, into your first post-military job or your next career move, don’t hesitate to reach out to our career centers and engage another resource here to support you and your transition.