Posted by: U.S. Customs and Border Protection on Sep 28, 2023
Washington DC , DC
Utilize your expertise in communications as a Strategic Communications Specialist in support of the Office of Facilities and Asset Management (OFAM) within U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), located in Washington, D.C. You will provide leadership and advice, developing various communication materials and recommending strategies and target audiences to meet OFAM’s communication objectives.
ELIGIBILITY: These positions are open only to current Veterans (VEOA) and Military Spouses; current and former federal employees (competitive or reinstatement statuses); individuals under non-competitive special hiring or special appointing authority.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
• Producing internal and external publications and guidelines; products may include executive remarks, mass mailings, SharePoint maintenance, improvements, fact sheets, newsletters, posters, reports, press releases, surveys, and presentations.
• Partnering with internal subject matter experts and CBP communications offices to identify, develop, and recommend effective communication techniques tailored to unique external audiences.
• Developing, implementing, and evaluating the effectiveness of OFAM communications strategies, materials, and programs that support and promote enhanced engagement with OFAM stakeholder communities.
• Providing communications support for the Assistant Commissioner, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, and Chief of Staff.
• Serving as a liaison for multiple offices across CBP, including the Office of Congressional Affairs and the Office of Public Affairs.
Salary and Benefits
This position starts at a salary of $112,015.00 (GS-13, Step 1) to $145,617.00 (GS-13, Step 10) with promotion potential to $145,617.00 (GS-13 Step 10).
Employees receive the full package of federal employment benefits that include health and insurance plans, a generous annual and sick leave program, and participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, a retirement plan akin to a traditional 401(k) offering.
Experience: You qualify for the GS-13 grade level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, performing duties such as:
• Developing a communication plan and refining it as necessary.
• Creating, writing, and distributing newsletters.
• Developing performance metrics for communications and monitoring progress.
• Analyzing specific organizational policy issues to identify and anticipate communication needs and potential reactions.
• Coordinating the review and approval process for all communications products.
NOTE: Your resume must explicitly indicate how you meet this requirement, otherwise you will be found ineligible.
How to Apply
Click this site’s APPLY link to access the official JOA on USAJOBS.gov, the federal government’s official employment site. Be sure to read the entire JOA carefully for complete details about the position and instructions for submitting your application.
Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your application materials and an on-line self-assessment, measuring the following technical competencies:
• Knowledge of communication principles, methods, practices and techniques, analytical methods, and interpersonal relations practices.
• Skill in developing new information materials aimed at enhancing employees' understanding of the significant programs and initiatives of the office and agency.
• Skill in developing and applying new approaches to the most difficult and complex communications problems.
• Knowledge of various information technology systems and software.
• Knowledge and experience in various tools and channels for communicating and how specific tools address specific needs.
The closing date for this employment opportunity is October 6, 2023.
Interested in other career opportunities with CBP? Visit www.cbp.gov/careers and check the CBP calendar at www.cbp.gov/cbp-events-calendar frequently for upcoming informational webinars, in-person recruiter events, and virtual career events.
High school or ged
HR. Website URL: