Posted by: Sierra7 on Sep 19, 2023
Falls Church , VA
Why Join Sierra7?
Sierra7 is a Small Disabled Veteran Owned Business. We were founded in 2009 with the mission of "Serving those who Serve". We recently received the DAV (Disabled American Veteran) award. Also, Sierra7 is ranked No. 457 out of 5,000 fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Apply today and help us with our mission of "Serving those who Serve".
Benefits: 401K Legal Assistance Medical/Dental/Vision Financial Wellness FSA (Flexible Spending Account) Paid Time Off (PTO) HSA (Health Savings Account) Federal Holidays Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Short- and Long-Term Disability Education Reimbursement Additional Supplemental Medical Benefits Sierra7 University This is a Fully Remote position.
About this role:
The successful Senior, Business Analyst must have experience in the effective use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns. The Business Analyst must be versed in requirements gathering and the development of epics and user stories.
Position Responsibilities :
• Collaborate with client stakeholders to understand business needs and processes and elicit clear, concise user requirements supporting the business case
• Define "as-is" and "to-be" business processes; conduct and document gap analyses
• Requirements management and analysis using specified tools
• Translate user requirements, into simplified, well-organized user stories accompanied by clearly defined acceptance criteria
• Collaborate with an Agile team to facilitate development and testing in support of user requirements
• Use business requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and help manage project scope, product acceptance, installation, and production deployment
• Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
• Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine, as necessary.
• Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements - verbally or through written documentation - to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
• Experience working in a geographically dispersed project team environment
• Demonstrated experience managing requirements documentation
• Experience working with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting IT business applications and systems
• Knowledge in testing functionality, matching to requirements, and in having primary responsibility for individual projects and systems
• Requirements gathering/elicitation
• Meeting facilitation
• Product demonstrations
• Requirements traceability
• Requirements documentation
• Agile software development lifecycle (experience building and managing user stories based on business, functional and technical requirements)
• Data analytics
• Process Flows
• Process Improvement
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree - Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Cost Accounting, or related scientific or technical discipline
• 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
• Experience working in VA or other Government agency [desired]
• Ability to obtain a Government security clearance.
HR. Website URL: