Posted by: Sierra7 on Sep 19, 2023
Washington , DC
Why Join Sierra7?
Sierra7 is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. We were founded in 2009 with the mission of "Serving those who Serve". We recently received the DAV (Disabled American Veteran) award. Also, Sierra7 is ranked No. 457 out of 5,000 fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Apply today and help us with our mission of "Serving those who Serve".
Benefits: 401K Legal Assistance Medical/Dental/Vision Financial Wellness FSA (Flexible Spending Account) Paid Time Off (PTO) HSA (Health Savings Account) Federal Holidays Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Short- and Long-Term Disability Education Reimbursement Additional Supplemental Medical Benefits Sierra7 University- LinkedIn Learning About this role:
Sierra7, Inc. is seeking a Section 508 Auditor to deliver Section 508 compliance testing and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards validation in support of the VA VBMS Software Quality Assurance. The successful candidate must have experience in the Analysis of various IT hardware and software products, tools, and projects to assess, document and report on their compliance with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This position requires to be ONSITE twice a week at 810 Vermont Ave. NW, Washington D.C. 20006.
• Perform United States Access Board's Section 508 Standards assessments applying to ICT Conduct
• Document and report audits using standardized procedures, initially validating ICT Product assessment packages, before confirming and coordinating access to subject ICT products and environments
• Manually audit 508 compliances to ensure ICT and AT maintains Section 508 Technology Accessibility Standards and Telecommunications Act Accessibility Guidelines under Section 255 of the Communications Act of 1934
• Conduct a quality assurance workflow check to review and validate completed ICT assessments for process and informational thoroughness and accuracy
• Prepare and submit a Compliance Audit Report through the VA- accessible Compliance Tracking System
• Complete manual audit requirements, milestones, and deliverables
• Use assistive technology tools, such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, and speech recognition software
• Operate in multiple environments including legacy applications written in VB6, Delphi, or MUMPS, and modern applications written in HTML or Java Script and electronic healthcare record/Cerner products
• General understanding of Section 508 standards
• Ability to conduct manual audits without automation tools
• Ability to utilize assistive technology tools
• Ability to write and create compliance and quality improvement reports
• Ability to use assistive technology tools, such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, and speech recognition software
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, engineering management, math, or similar technical discipline (8 years' experience can be substituted for education)
• 2 years of relevant experience
• Experience working in VA or other Government agency [desired]
• Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
This position requires to be ONSITE twice a week at 810 Vermont Ave. NW, Washington D.C. 20006
HR. Website URL: