Posted by: LexisNexis on May 25, 2023
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design - typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Experience working in Java, J2EE, Spring, Springboot, Microservices
- Experience working with any database (MS SQL, Oracle, MYSQL)
- Must implement projects on AWS Cloud
- Good to have Angular JS or React
- Good to have DevOps Knowledge - CI/CD Pipelines, Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience working in Source Code Management GIT
- Experience of developing software within the Scrum framework
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Complete complex bug fixes.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
• Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Design and work with complex data models.
• Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
• All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
HR. Website URL: