Posted by: National Security Agency on May 24, 2023
Fort Meade , MD
Apply in-depth knowledge of the joint planning process to develop detailed Operational Plans and Orders supporting COCOM Cyberspace Operations' requirements. Use Joint, Service and Interagency planning and operational experience to conduct strategic and operational level planning across the full range of military operations for integrated information and cyberspace operations. Develop and maintain deliberate and crisis plans. Collaborate with Cyber Operators to identify and levy requirements for intelligence collection and analysis, participate in targeting selection, validation, synchronization, and execution of complex cyber missions. Has sufficient technical knowledge to understand cyber capabilities, target vulnerabilities, and effects. Collaborate with Cyber Operators, Analysts, and RDT&E Engineers to gain access and technical intelligence to meet planning objectives.
Desired experience includes:
Cyber planning, cybersecurity operations, mission management, vulnerabilities, troubleshoot, mitigations, network defense, requirements management, cyber security technical knowledge, strategy and process development, project management, program management, technical writing, finished SIGINT report evaluation, partnership and customer relations (i.e. DoD, USCYBERCOM, DISA, JTFHQ DoDIN, DIB partners), joint doctrine and military planning certifications and education, coordination, communication, strong interpersonal skills, problem identification and resolution.
Additional expectations may include your ability to:
- Represent the Agency in interactions with outside customers, DoD, Congressional representatives, foreign partners, or the general public.
- Represent the Agency or its subordinate organizations to customers, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Review Information Needs (INs) to understand operational, tactical or strategic mission requirements.
- Submit a request for information (RFI) related to target and/or mission requirements.
- Identify intelligence gaps related to target and/or mission requirements.
- Develop a strategic course of action based on target vulnerabilities, anomalous network activity, and/or mission capabilities.
- Develop an operational or tactical course of action based on target vulnerabilities, anomalous network activity, and/or mission capabilities.
- Evaluate methods, tools, and techniques that can be used to secure information/communication systems and the facilities that house them.
- Develop mitigation strategies and countermeasures to address vulnerabilities of networks, products, and services.
- Document analytic findings relevant to computer network defense.
- Maintain situational awareness of current computer network defense conditions using information from external data sources (for example, computer network defense vendor sites, CERTS, SANS, Security Focus).
- Recommend vulnerability mitigation strategies based on evaluation results.
- Maintain operational, technical, and authoritative situational awareness during operations.
- Create work teams with appropriate employees to accomplish work goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
Salary offers are based on candidates' education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position. Salary ranges vary by location and work level. This position is hiring for Maryland and Texas.
Salary Range: $69,996 - $172,075 (Full Performance, Senior)
Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible).
How To Apply - External:
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Due to time sensitive communications regarding your application, please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the job posting thoroughly to ensure you meet the described qualifications and are aware of all associated requirements. To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as job postings could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants, or the position is no longer available. You may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the application screening process and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to showcase within your resume those experiences relevant to this position. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet all position qualifications, may be contacted to begin employment processing. Please remain diligent in monitoring email and your SPAM folder. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: