Posted by: LexisNexis on Mar 16, 2023
The Account Executive is responsible for driving new business revenue through the sale of MLex products, services and content within assigned accounts or territory.
1. Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales goals
2. Develop detailed strategic sales plans to demonstrate how to grow business within assigned accounts or territory
3. Identifies and qualifies opportunities, develops a pipeline of viable opportunities and effectively manages the pipeline with the account team, including timely follow up of all leads and advancing leads through selling process to close
4. Provides accurate forecasts, customer, competitive and market intelligence to management and business leadership and to the account team
5. Understand and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of MLex products, content and solutions including the ability to articulate competitive differentiators and our value proposition
6. Ability to identify and communicate effectively with executives or other high level officials within a customer's organization
7. Collaborate with other MLex sales team members to secure new business; provide input in conjunction with account team on development of Marketing plans and programs to maximize goals.
8. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
2. At least 3 years proven experience generating new business sales, preferably in a business to business environment
3. Self-driven, motivated and results oriented with new business sales (or hunter) mentality
4. Strong new business prospecting, selling, negotiating and closing skills
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to an executive-level audience
6. Ability to effectively partner and collaborate across teams
7. Strong understanding and use of Strategic Selling techniques and CRM systems
8. Ability to lift/carry laptop and other sales materials up to 25 lbs.
9. Ability to travel greater than 50% of the time.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
HR. Website URL: