Posted by: National Security Agency on Jan 25, 2023
Fort Meade , MD
The mission demands that NSA \
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on solving hard problems, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and is able to:
- work independently as well as in a team environment to build solutions
- handle multiple assignments
- synthesize information to solve complex problems
- apply knowledge of data structures and algorithms to software engineering problems
- develop, diagnose, and operate complex computer systems
- identify customer needs and validate product design
Additionally, the ideal candidate is someone with knowledge and experience in one or more of the following:
- programming and scripting experience (e.g., C, C++, Java, Assembly, Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Node.js, Spark, Puppet, SALT, KAFKA, HADOOP, VHDL, Verilog)
- building user facing services, middleware, and backend systems
- full-stack development
- computer networking (e.g., communication protocols, distributed systems, Internet of Things, real-time systems, routing and switching)
- protocol analysis (e.g. Wireshark, tcpdump)
- data spaces, data modeling, data analysis, storage design, and administration
- simulation/model development & prototyping
- information retrieval, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics and analytics
- hardware and software vulnerability analysis
- software reverse engineering/interactive debugging tools (e.g., IDA Pro, Ollydbg, gdb)
- hardware reverse engineering tools (e.g., JTAG, Oscilloscopes)
- software development life-cycle (design, develop, implementation, debug, testing)
- kernel and device driver development
- network/socket programming
- embedded systems development
- operating systems
- computational science
- algorithm analysis and design
- reverse engineering
- high performance computing
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
Salary offers are based on candidates' education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.
Salary Range: $74,682 - $116,788 (Entry to Full Performance)
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible).
How To Apply - External:
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Please attach an unofficial copy of your transcripts from all schools attended when applying for this position. Providing a copy of your transcripts is especially critical since the minimum qualifications for this position require a CS degree or a degree that demonstrates a concentration of CS coursework.
Due to time sensitive communications regarding your application, please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the job posting thoroughly to ensure you meet the described qualifications and are aware of all associated requirements. To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as job postings could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants, or the position is no longer available. You may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the application screening process and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to showcase within your resume those experiences relevant to this position. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet all position qualifications, may be contacted to begin employment processing. Please remain diligent in monitoring email and your SPAM folder. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: