Posted by: National Security Agency on Jan 25, 2023
Fort Meade , MD
Represent NSA to corporate America and maintain a presence in the executive boardrooms of major Information and Telecommunications (IT) technology partner companies. Build and manage an effective, coherent and dynamic Agency-level strategy to engage the IT industry. Develop long-term strategic and corporate views of industrial partnerships; provide expert independent advice and guidance to organizational managers on technical issues within an area of expertise; accomplish ad hoc research, reports and assignments relating to their area of expertise; maintain cognizance of equities relating to the Agency's core missions, represent both these equities in corporate strategies; maintain cognizance of the Agency's business plan; team with Intelligence Community partners, DoD, other federal agencies, and foreign partners on strategic goals with IT industry, to coordinate objectives, and advance missions and/or national interests.
Corporate Alliance Manager responsibilities include:
- Applying program management principles, techniques, services, and practices to effectively achieve domestic/international program goals and objectives
- Identifying performance outcomes and establishing metrics to assess the impact (e.g., return on investment) of programs and initiatives
- Attending conferences and communicating with people in a particular technical field to stay apprised of new technologies and information
- Representing the Agency in interactions with outside customers, DoD, Congressional representatives, foreign partners, or the general public
- Representing the Agency or its subordinate organizations to customers, suppliers, and stakeholders
- Establishing performance expectations, goals, objectives, or milestones for individuals, teams, or projects
- Incorporating the intelligence community and organizations' vision, mission, and strategic objectives into programs and practices
- Capitalizing on opportunities and managing risk
- Implementing new programs and initiatives
- Overseeing, directing, and/or managing programs
- Evaluating technical proposals for contract award
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, interpersonal skills, and is:
- customer and results-oriented
- motivate and encourage others to accomplish work assignments and goals
- able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- able to take action in highly complex situations
- able to negotiate with and influence others
- build relationships across the Agency and with external stakeholders, as appropriate
- able to identify, manage and resolve conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner
- able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g., Word, Excel)
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
Salary offers are based on candidates' education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position. Salary ranges vary by location and work level. This position is hiring for Maryland.
Salary Range: $106,823 - $176,300 (Senior to Expert)
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
This is a full-time position, Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 hrs (flexible).
How To Apply - External:
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Due to time sensitive communications regarding your application, please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the job posting thoroughly to ensure you meet the described qualifications and are aware of all associated requirements. To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as job postings could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants, or the position is no longer available. You may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the application screening process and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to showcase within your resume those experiences relevant to this position. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet all position qualifications, may be contacted to begin employment processing. Please remain diligent in monitoring email and your SPAM folder. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: