Posted by: LexisNexis on Jan 12, 2023
Job Summary: The Product Manager I will own a product feature and lead project execution. He/she will own the development plan and represent their feature within the PM team and will have an internal network across product domains. The individual will have a solid understanding of the customer and target market. He/she will represent the needs of the customer to the delivery team and will support and participate in the demo to key stakeholders at program milestones.
• Interacts with customers to represent requirements and understand key customer needs and market basics.
• Is familiar with and can use customer frameworks (e.g. Jobs To Be Done, personas).
• Focuses on delivering customer commitments.
• Keeps up to date on news/incidents and understands what is happening in the market and with competitors.
Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis
• Autonomously analyzes situations and data.
• Is proficient at reviewing and utilizing data from predefined dashboards to make decision recommendations.
• Compares and evaluates various possibilities, and makes recommendations for action that consider business implications.
Go to Market & Product Marketing Lifecycle
• Executes on go to market launch plans as required.
• Works directly with internal business partners, e.g. sales to gather and assess product needs in the marketplace.
• Trains and educates internal business partners, e.g. sales.
• Contributes to building collateral and marketing materials and provides input and expertise.
• Directly addresses customer complaints.
• Interacts independently with customers through in person communication, e.g. at various customer events.
Product Delivery & Development Lifecycle
• Leads the execution of a product roadmap for a single feature area.
• Understands and utilizes the drivers for improving the customer experience.
• Leverages tools to coordinate activities and ensure quality based on the development methodology in place.
• Defines and prioritizes requirement changes for engineering and performs analysis to meet acceptance criteria.
• Participates and contributes to process improvement activities.
Strategy & Commercial Acumen
• Meaningfully contributes to development and execution of the product strategy.
• Makes links between personal goals and the product teams/business strategy.
• Understands how role contributes to success of product and business strategy and goals.
• Understands the company technology stack at a high level, for his/her feature area.
• Uses technologies to assist day-to-day tasks (Excel, Balsamiq, Tableau, Python, SQL, etc.).
• Understands the relevant technology architecture.
• Ability to engage developers to understand technology constraints.
• Is curious and keen to learn and develop new ideas, skills and knowledge
• Acts on feedback to improve him/herself
• Looks for developmental opportunities in day-to-day work
• Invests time and energy in self-development (professional qualifications , relevant reading, networking meetings, etc.)
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
• Is able to ask effective questions and collect facts from multiple sources in order to solve problems
• Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
• Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention
• "Brainstorms" with others to look for different approaches to current process and tasks
• Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role
• Experiments with new ideas as part of role
Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
• Demonstrates effective conversational skills, including active listening and questioning
• Shares information relevant to own role
• Participates in team presentations
Collaboration and Teamwork
• Develops co-operative working relationships within the team
• Considers how own style affects others and tailors interactions accordingly
• Looks for ways to develop mutually beneficial relationships across teams
• Is approachable and friendly
• Asks for opinions of others
• Participates in formal and informal gatherings to meet new people and develop new relationships
Inspires and motivates others to high performance
• Brings enthusiasm to the team
• Gets to know others in the team and what is important to them
• Observes behaviours and models self after the others
• Leads by example by performing at high levels
Focus On Results
Drives for Results
• Works hard to achieve objectives
• Stays focused on key commitments
• Looks to overcome obstacles or barriers to performing
• Works with others to achieve joint goals
Experience (US Only) and Education
Suggested Minimum Years of PM Experience: 2-4 years
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work with others to modify or maintain a product and identify technology challenges.
• Demonstrated readiness to engage in customer engagements.
• Demonstrated readiness to engage in work under minimal supervision.
Education to Qualify: Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical subject (Computer Science or Engineering discipline) is preferred, but not essential.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
HR. Website URL: