Posted by: LexisNexis on Jan 05, 2023
6 months contract
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented paralegal to join the PSL Hub to help contribute towards the future development of LexisPSL, LexisNexis UK's on-line practical guidance and research tool for lawyers. There are three main components of the LexisNexis offering which this role will contribute to:
Core content in LexisPSL-LexisPSL provides legal practical guidance and market insight which a busy front-line practitioner can read and digest quickly and easily. It is presented in a range of different content types including Practice Notes, precedents, checklists and flowcharts.
Current awareness service-via our current awareness service, we provide legal updates and analysis to our two core online products, LexisLibrary and LexisPSL. We cover legal and regulatory stories and provide insight into how they could impact lawyers and their clients. Information is published online and sent to customers via a range of different email alerts.
LexisAsk service-via LexisAsk, LexisPSL customers can submit queries in relation to any of the 35 Practice Areas. In supporting this service you will be expected to carry out legal research, draft answers to LexisAsk questions and contribute to the smooth running of the service.
Working closely with the LexisPSL teams and the Content Acquisition team to commission and draft practical guidance.
This work will include:
- reviewing new and existing content for quality and legal accuracy
- monitoring of developments and inputting information to maintain trackers of consultations, cases and dates
- drafting practical guidance content (eg practice notes, precedents, trackers, checklists, trackers etc)
- collaborating with external authors regarding externally written content
- arranging and taking notes at Consulting Editorial Board and other meetings and liaising with CEB members and authors when required
- having input into the development of technical solutions with our product teams, to ensure that we are delivering guidance, current awareness and LexisAsk in the most efficient way possible
Helping to respond to LexisAsk queries by:
- conducting legal research and liaising with subject matter experts within the LexisPSL practice area teams, and/or
- drafting replies to queries from customers within a specified response time
- compiling a bank of 'Q&A' style documents across our suite of LexisPSL content, adhering to the defined style guidelines. 'Q&As' are designed to share answers to previously asked customer questions, as well as provide brief advice on topical queries.
- working on initiatives and process in particular to help develop the smooth running of the service in order to increase efficiency in both the delivery of 'live' LexisAsk answers and 'Q&A' content.
Helping to deliver our current awareness offering by:
- ensuring all news items are written to a high standard and edited and checked for accuracy, grammar, punctuation, clarity, flow, style and news value
- applying taxonomy to news items consistently and accurately
- checking and proofing of content before publication, addressing and resolving publishing issues and making recommendations for process improvements
- supporting the development and implementation of initiatives to grow and improve the current awareness offering
Key Skills Required:
- Law degree/GDL/LPC/BPTC
- Excellent academic qualifications and legal research and writing skills
- Passionate about a career in the practice areas mentioned above
- Attention to detail
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
HR. Website URL: