Posted by: National Security Agency on Sep 21, 2022
Fort Meade , MD
In a world where words like - innovative or state-of-the-art - have become commonplace, the researchers at NSA are seeking something extraordinary: to shape the future. NSA research scientists and engineers are renowned subject matter experts, consultants, inventors, collaborators, and visionaries. Opportunities to learn and advance in your field are unlimited.
- Stay abreast of the latest advances in computer science, mathematics, physics, and engineering.
- Explore, develop and implement research approaches and advance in your technical field.
- Spend time in mission areas learning what problems and challenges operators and analysts face, and then create and apply solutions to support NSA's mission.
- Collaborate with national laboratories and academics at world-class universities.
- Leverage NSA's Technology Transfer Program to license, develop, and commercialize technologies that meet mission goals, advance science, and foster innovation.
- Publish in world-class journals and regularly attend and participate in conferences in your field of study.
NSA is seeking experienced research professionals with strong electrical engineering and computer science backgrounds. If you are a subject matter expert in one or more of the following areas ' apply now and put your intelligence to work for the nation!
- Experimental development of coherent measurement system for multi-qubit devices
- Quantum information science device theory
- Computational research in quantum information science materials and devices
- Novel electromagnetics and RF technologies
- Hardware trust
- Trusted Computing
- Integrated Photonics
- Active devices for Beyond Moore's / Cryologic
- Advanced computing systems
- Mobile/telecom 5G and 6G technology
The ideal candidate is someone who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a desire to guide and influence a broad research community, thrives on solving problems, and is able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, engineering, cognitive sciences, and physical sciences to analyze problems and determine technical solutions
- Work effectively across several different functional areas in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Handle and prioritize multiple assignments
- Synthesize information to solve complex problems
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
Salary Range: $74,682 - $176,300 (Entry to Expert)
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 hrs (flexible).
How To Apply - External:
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Due to time sensitive communications regarding your application, please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the job posting thoroughly to ensure you meet the described qualifications and are aware of all associated requirements. To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as job postings could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants, or the position is no longer available. You may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the application screening process and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to showcase within your resume those experiences relevant to this position. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet all position qualifications, may be contacted to begin employment processing. Please remain diligent in monitoring email and your SPAM folder. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: