Posted by: National Security Agency on Aug 03, 2022
Fort Meade , MD
The NSA Story
The National Security Agency (NSA) exists to obtain insight into foreign adversaries' plans and intentions and protect our U.S. cybersecurity interests. We provide national security insights and threat warnings to government decision-makers and eradicate cybersecurity threats.
How You Can Contribute
Do you love having a goal and plotting a course to reach it? Want to use your management skills to impact national security? Enjoy the idea of managing multi-million dollar acquisitions? Program managers at NSA oversee cost, schedule, and technical performance for acquisition programs, delivering positive foreign intelligence and cybersecurity outcomes for the nation.
From managing funding invested in workforce training to overseeing development of the most innovative and classified technologies, program managers maximize the impact of every dollar by guiding programs to succeed. Start a career where you become a steward of taxpayer dollars, seeking the greatest return that money can provide: the safety and security of our nation and its citizens.
- Establishing and managing cost, schedule and performance baselines for acquisition programs
- Implementing best practices and processes to track progress of services and development of capabilities in terms of defined cost, schedule, and performance outcomes
- Adjusting priorities and resource allocation based upon objective program performance data
- Providing data-driven metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making
- Establishing governance processes for program and related reviews
- Overseeing testing that satisfies Department of Defense/Director of National Intelligence/Industry guidelines while demonstrating that an acceptable level of customer expectations were assessed and met
- Leveraging data and analysis from systems engineers, configuration managers, contracting officers, and/or financial managers to inform program performance measures
- Providing program status reports and briefings to internal management, NSA senior leadership and government oversight officials in the DoD, ODNI, and Congress
- Collaborating with senior executive leaders, senior technical leaders, system engineers, and fellow program managers to further develop and advance strategic vision and goals
- If not already completed, training in federal acquisition to become certified in Contracting and Program Management under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) within 24 months of employment
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for someone who:
- Easily juggles multiple priorities and deadlines
- Communicates clearly and builds positive working relationships
- Enjoys teamwork and collaboration in a blended work environment with civilian, military, and contractor personnel
- Can conduct quantitative and qualitative program/project analyses such as earned value management
- Known as a leader of people and/or projects and is trusted with a significant level of responsibility
- Can think in big (long term strategic planning) and small (monitoring contract details) terms to deliver program requirements
- Understands information technology and telecommunication programs, programs, tools and processes is a plus
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible).
How To Apply - External:
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: