Posted by: National Security Agency on Aug 03, 2022
Fort Meade , MD
Do you love to negotiate a win-win, desire to impact national security, and enjoy the idea of overseeing multimillion-dollar acquisitions? NSA is seeking business professionals of all experience levels who are detail-oriented, enjoy collaborating, and are curious and hungry to learn.
Contracting specialists at NSA acquire commercial goods and services that allow the agency to collect foreign intelligence and protect national security systems. From purchasing comfortable kennels for NSA's working dogs to acquiring the latest and greatest computer technology, contracting professionals are the only people authorized to buy goods and services on NSA's behalf.
The National Security Agency employs a wide variety of business professionals who play a critical role through budgetary and contract activities that support our nation's security every day. We rely on the skills of our acquisition, finance, and accounting professionals to support the internal infrastructure of a federal agency comparable in size and budget to Fortune 100 companies. You formulate and execute budget resources, develop and allocate manpower resources and even provide guidance on implementing policy on cost, finance, and accounting. Start a career where you become a steward of taxpayer dollars, seeking the greatest return that money can provide: the safety and security of our nation and its citizens.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves to learn
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Can juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Enjoys problem-solving and strategic-thinking
- Communicates clearly and builds positive working relationships
- Doesn't mind taking time to get the details right
- Enjoys teamwork and collaboration
- Curious to learn about unfamiliar topics
- Excels at Microsoft Excel
We are looking for Contracting Specialists who can administer and manage contracts. As a Contracting Specialist administering contracts, responsibilities include:
- Designing acquisition strategies to meet the government's needs through the most appropriate contracting method
- Conducting market research
- Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quote (RFQ)
- Evaluating proposals from potential contractors/vendors
- Negotiating contract terms with selected contractors/vendors
- Evaluating procurements to ensure compliance with funding, legal, and program requirements
- Preparing and awarding contracts with supporting documentation in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and NSA policy
- Administering contracts to include issuing modifications, and monitoring performance, and ensuring payment is issued
- Solving complex and unique challenges that arise throughout the life of a contract
- Interfacing with various levels of personnel and management and organizations throughout the Agency, as well as with external customers and contractors
- If not already completed, training in federal acquisition to become certified in Contracting under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act within 24 months of employment
As a Contracting Specialist that manages contracts, responsibilities include:
- Serving as the Primary Contracting Officer Representative (COR) which will be the lead and have overall responsibility for contract performance and delivery outcomes
- Monitoring contractor performance and ensuring services are delivered in accordance with the contract terms
- Meeting frequently with vendors and government technical experts to discuss contract cost, schedule, and performance
- Collaborating with technical experts to establish unambiguous contract tasks; validating those tasks are within the contract scope and cost parameters
- Serving as a Source Selection Evaluation Lead
- Presenting status updates on expenditures, delivery timelines, and contractor performance to senior executive leadership
- Partnering with contracting, finance, and mission experts to ensure long-term contracts are properly funded and that contract modifications are approved in a timely manner
- Forecasting requirements for future contracts
- Reviewing contract invoices and collaborate with vendors to resolve any errors or issues
- Identifying opportunities to improve contract performance and reduce contract cost
- If not already completed, training in federal acquisition to become certified in Contracting and Program Management under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) within 24 months of employment
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible).
Our agency's success in helping preserve the nation's security depends on the dedicated civilian and military members of our workforce. NSA is equally committed to its employees and offers tremendous benefits and developmental opportunities.
At NSA, your professional development begins on day one and continues throughout your career. We offer a variety of internal and external academic opportunities to help you meet your professional goals. On-the job training, internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
How To Apply - External:
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from email@example.com.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: