Posted by: HII Technical Solutions on Jun 16, 2022
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40
Level of Experience:Mid
Employee Referral Bonus Amount:ERP Amount: $1,500
Who We Are
HII-Technical Solutions Division (TSD) Data Delivery Solutions Department is currently seeking an Information System Tech Analyst (ISTA) 1 to work out of the Hampton Roads, VA area. #LI-CJ1 *EP *MV *TL
What You Will Do
As an Information System Tech Analyst (ISTA) 1, you'll serve as a front-line interface to users with technical issues by conducting systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies. Position duties may include installing new software, troubleshooting, granting permissions to applications and training users. Position will be responsible for the day-to-day support of server services by performing server administration for physical and virtual server operating systems and configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of physical and virtual hardware and network related interfaces on servers. This position will perform OS and vendor software patching on servers and monitor physical and virtual servers performance using monitoring tools. This is an on-sight position.
• Provide system administrative support
• Act as a liaison for secured networks
• Build accounts and provide diagnostics
• Provide user support in SCIF environments
• Provide support to the corporate security department
• Direct support for RMF and SSP implementation and management
• Configure and maintain Cisco switches and routers to include initial setup and firmware
• Manage and administer security government security regulations for collateral and SCI contracts
• Ensure compliance with federal/Intelligence Community regulations governing all SCIF operations and associated SCI contract-related security support
• Conduct security related liaison activities with internal leadership, external (Client) customers'/Government security officials
• Perform other related duties required to assure a comprehensive and viable security program within the designated SCIF as well as the division's overall Security Program
What You Must Have
• Associate's Degree (or higher) in related field and 4 years in IT field with a concentration on Information System Tech Analyst (ISTA) work.
• Microsoft Networking Certification and/or CompTIA Network+ Certification
• In depth knowledge of the ICDs, and other related Federal security laws, directives and regulations
• Highly motivated, self-starter with a proactive, customer-focused approach in implementing and managing various, integrated security disciplines to create a successful security program
• Strong/effective written and verbal communications skills
• Clearance: Must already possess and must maintain an active Secret Security Clearance
• U.S. Navy IT experience
• ATIS experience
• TDMIS experience
• Shipbuilding IT experience
Adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements Software Engineer family.
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all-domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HII's domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
HR. Website URL: