Posted by: HII Technical Solutions on Jun 16, 2022
Des Moines , IA
Required Travel: 11 - 25%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40
Level of Experience:Mid
Employee Referral Bonus Amount:ERP Amount: $1,500
HII Mission Technologies is looking for a System Administration Support Technician supporting the Air National Guard (ANG) Distributed Training Operations Center (DTOC) in Des Moines, IA. Candidate will join a robust Technology team that supports all Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) events, mission networks, site connections support activities, cyber security and other related functions.
What you will do
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• Installation, support and maintenance of DTOC mission network servers, computer equipment and connection of peripherals.
• Configure software, modify software configuration and perform basic configuration management IAW with all STIGs and other Cybersecurity requirements to include JSIG.
• Plan for and respond to service outages and other problems.
• Work as part of project team in design and integration of OTTI technologies and DTOC solutions to meet mission requirements.
• Provide software application assistance for commonly used office automation applications and M&S tools.
• Support Host Base Security System (HBSS) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions and continuous monitoring.
• Implement client workstations software patches, security fixes and service releases.
• Identify, analyze and document long-range requirements.
What we are looking for
2 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 0 years experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience.
• Must maintain a Comp TIA Security Plus certification
• Certifiable knowledge of PC operations in Linux and Windows NT based operating systems
• Experience configuring software, modifying software configuration and performing basic configuration management IAW with all STIGs and other Cybersecurity requirements
• Experience with operating systems and relational database management systems such as SQL Server
• Experience building and updating virtual machines and LANs in MS Windows and Linux
• Experience analyzing network traffic and troubleshooting DIS/HLA packets using Wireshark, DPA, or similar software tools
• Secret Clearance with the ability to upgrade TS/SCI and SAP/SAR.
Preferred: Bonus Points For...
• Current Top Secret Clearance
• General working knowledge of Citrix and PowerShell
This opportunity resides with Live, Virtual, Constructive Solutions, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. As a trusted partner to our military customers, we design, develop and operate systems that bring together service members from across the globe to help you train like you fight, because we understand that preparation requires full coordination-not readiness in piece parts.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com .
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
HR. Website URL: