Posted by: HII Technical Solutions on Jun 16, 2022
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40
Level of Experience:Mid
Employee Referral Bonus Amount:ERP Amount: $1,500
The future of intelligence is being built, operated, and delivered at HII!
Huntington Ingalls Industries - Mission Technologies is seeking a qualified AEGIS Combat System Tactical Trainer with recent experience in an operational environment. The selected candidate must be capable of providing tactical training to Naval tacticians at Aegis Training & Readiness Center (ATRC) located in Dahlgren, VA. Signing bonus available for qualified candidate.
What you will do
• Direct operation of the SPY-1 radars and AEGIS combat system
• Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Aegis Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations
• Develop, organize, and conduct training for Navy tacticians
• Establish course content and objectives
• Conduct dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures
• Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135
• Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching
• Develop, test, maintain, and deliver Aegis training programs and related materials in support of ATRC training objectives
• Conduct formal course reviews for updating curriculum to current capabilities
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
What we are looking for
5 years current relevant experience with High school or equivalent
• Minimum three years' experience as a member of an Aegis Combat System organization of tactical operators engaged in the employment of the Aegis Weapon Systems
• Prior Radar System Controller (RSC) qualification on applicable Aegis baseline
• Knowledge of NETC curriculum and learning standards to include curriculum development, training certifications, course maintenance, topic learning objectives development, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and instructor/laboratory evaluations processes.
• Active Secret Clearance
Preferred: Bonus Points For...
• Equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, or military experience with a minimum 3 years' experience in support of Aegis Combat Systems as an operator, instructor, or maintainer in support of at sea operations.
• Prior Combat System Coordinator (CSC) qualification
• Prior Missile System Supervisor (MSS) qualification
• Prior Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) experience
• Navy Instructor experience
• Master Training Specialist (MTS) qualified
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
This opportunity resides with Live, Virtual, Constructive Solutions, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. As a trusted partner to our military customers, we design, develop and operate systems that bring together service members from across the globe to help you train like you fight, because we understand that preparation requires full coordination-not readiness in piece parts.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com .
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
HR. Website URL: