Posted by: Kearney & Company on Nov 11, 2021
The Senior Data Analyst manages the data management strategy executing association work plans to meet defined objectives improving financial data in preparation for ERP system implementation. The successful candidate will multi-task identifying data issues and solutions, reviewing work quality across the team, and ensure the team adheres to the project schedule and commitments.
• Supports strategy, manage deadlines and scheduling, prioritize team activities
• Supports implementation of functional data transformation and advise the team and client accordingly
• Gather and analyze financial data, formulate and test a hypothesis, and develop actionable recommendations to improve data integrity
• Modify detailed models conducting what-if analyses
• Analyze large, unstructured, and complex finance, procurement, and asset management data sets identifying data anomalies, issues, and approaches to resolve discrepancies.
• Identify data anomalies and issues in financial data and define approaches to correct errors.
• Support varying levels of business requirements automating reconciliation and/or business processes.
• Self-review of designed work tools meeting business requirements.
• Participate in data working group sessions by planning, facilitating, and creating materials to timely accomplish activities.
• Provide recommendations for data cleanup and quality assessments.
• Review analyses to identify risks and opportunities; communicate feedback/ insights with key stakeholders
• Actively participate and/or lead data working group sessions by planning, facilitating, and creating materials to timely accomplish activities.
• Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Management, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, or related field
• Minimum 4 years relevant experience
• Ability to evaluate risk and identify project vulnerabilities
• Experience analyzing complex data sets, identify data anomalies, issues, and define approaches to resolve discrepancies.
• Experience with requirements gathering, exploratory data analysis, definition of metrics, data visualization, and presentations
• Advanced MS Excel and/or MS Access skills
Exclusively focused on the Government, Kearney & Company provides financial services, including auditing, consulting, and technology services. Our commitment to our employees and clients as well as to dedication and trust, critical values to our Firm, have led to Kearney's recognition as one of the leading accounting firms in the country. Based on our employees' feedback, we are also consistently rated a Best Place to Work. Employment at Kearney means a flexible, collaborative, and open-minded work environment. We hope it is your "first easy decision." Learn more at www.kearneyco.com/careers.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new Kearney team members will be required to comply with Executive Order (EO) 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and the corresponding COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, mandating Federal Contractors, including Kearney team members, to submit proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Prospective or new Team Members may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting the Director of Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org /703-931-5600) and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Client site vaccination requirements, if different or more strict, will take precedence over Kearney's vaccination policy, complying with the mandates mentioned above.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Work location is subject to change based on client requirements.
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender; gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, age, disability or handicap, servicemember status, relationship or association with a protected veteran, and any other category protected by Federal, state, or local law. Click here to learn more.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-236-2391 or email email@example.com. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
FMLA is designed to help employees balance their work and family responsibilities by allowing them to take reasonable unpaid leave for certain family and medical reasons. Kearney & Company provides eligible employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year. Military family leave is available for up to 26 weeks under FMLA. Click here to learn more.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The EPPA prohibits most private employers from using lie detector tests either for pre-employment screening or during the course of employment. Kearney & Company adheres all provisions of the EPPA. Click here to learn more.
HR. Website URL: