Posted by: Inter-Con Security Systems on Oct 14, 2021
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you're working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it's an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security solutions for our clients. To us, that means the right officer in the right place and at the right time. In many cases our clients desire a softer security plan that meets their values and needs, but where high value people and assets are involved, others may prefer a more obvious security presence. As an Armed Security Officer, you will be part of a highly trained security team that supports critical facilities and infrastructure, public venues that required an enhanced presence and personal protective services. You'll be trained by our team of highly qualified firearms instructors in safe weapons handling and marksmanship. As an Armed Security Officer, you are an integral part of the broad spectrum of specialized security services Inter-Con provides its clients every day.
Specific benefits include:
Competitive Pay Recognition and Reward Programs. Training and Career Development. Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick, and 401 (k) retirement plan. Uniform and equipment provided Additional benefits vary depending on position.
• Perform Access Control requirements including badging procedures, photographing, greeting visitors, reconciling badges, enforcing equipment policies.
• Effectively use various software including electronic ticketing and management systems and other software packages, as needed.
• Communicate and dispatch Contractor Personnel during emergencies and security breaches.
• Communicate with building occupants during emergencies and with local police, fire and emergency personnel regarding on-site emergencies.
• Monitor security systems, including Access Control, intrusion alarm, CCTV, audio communication, building automation, environmental, and fire, life and safety systems.
• Ensure facility, employee, contractor and visitor safety and reduce the likelihood of Incidents through effective utilization of technology, with emphasis on providing a measurable impact on crime, infrastructure and medical emergencies.
• Provide clear and concise documentation of all Incidents through available logs, shift pass-down (i.e. logging information that is passed down at the change of a shift), and Incident report writing systems.
• Ensure clear and concise oral and written communication is provided across shifts and to multi-tier management and security personnel.
• Request badges for vendors and visitors to control access.
• Request vendor unlocks from patrol officers.
• Create tickets for access as requested.
• Request alarm location response from patrol officers.
• Gather information regarding all alarms and log in daily report.
• Set-up and acquire approval for masking requests.
• Speak, read, and write English
• Must be age 18 or older
• Shall possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency; however, possession of a college degree is highly desirable.
• Two (2) years prior continuous security experience in an environment where access control activities are prominent; or 2 years' experience in a military, intelligence community or other Government security or law enforcement agency; or 2 years' experience as a certified sworn police officer; or combination of above. Enrollment in a college level criminal justice or security management program may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
• Must be of high integrity and possess exemplary security skills and judgment.
• Must ossess above average computer skills and must hold all necessary and required licenses, permits and certifications required by the of assignment to perform security officer duties.
• Pass an extensive background Check
• Pass a physical exam
• Pass a 5-panel drug test
• Able to perform all duties without regard to any physical limitations that would preclude full performance of duty
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we've hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822
HR. Website URL: