Posted by: National Security Agency on Oct 13, 2021
Fort Meade , MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from getting access to sensitive or classified national security information. Managers at NSA, where people are a priority, are responsible for leveraging the diversity of their work force to create innovative solutions that support the Agency's missions.
Description of Position
The National Security Agency's (NSA) Office of HR Strategies and Program Design seeks a mid-level Compensation Analyst for a full-time position. The incumbent will work as part of an internal group of human capital consultants to design compensation strategies, programs, and processes as part of an integrated approach to talent management.
Example work would include:
- Refining the agency's compensation philosophy
- Conducting annual market analyses
- Developing the business case to enhance existing pay programs, or creating new ones, based on internal and external research, to better support the Agency's mission
- Integrating compensation analyses into strategic workforce planning and other human capital systems and processes
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to define new and capitalize on existing pay flexibilities
- Assisting leaders with compensation-related issues
Description of Skills
The ideal candidate will possess experience in the human capital domain, with specialized expertise in compensation, salary survey administration, external market research, consultation, and the practical application of data. Experience in Federal or State government or large, complex technical private sector organizations and knowledge of business management and macroeconomics fundamentals is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate would be expected to:
- Collaborate with team members and develop strategic partnerships throughout the Agency to achieve organizational goals
- Keep abreast of best practices and new research in the compensation and human capital domains
- Synthesize complex findings and detailed research into executive summaries and presentations intended to support leadership decisions
- Provide high quality customer service to clients through superior technical work as well as effective project management and communication
- Be proficient with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other relevant analytic tools
How To Apply - External:
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: