Posted by: National Security Agency on Oct 13, 2021
Fort Meade , MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information. In support of the offensive mission, Cryptologic Collection Professionals (Collection Managers, Collection Data Managers, Collection Targeting & Compliance Managers, and Collection System Architect) ensure the timely delivery of collected Cyber data to customer databases via processing and distribution channels.
- Collaborating with customers, collection managers, developers, and analysts to monitor and troubleshoot operational Cyber processing paths
- Identifying processing trends, new developments and customer requirements that may affect the access of collected Cyber data and/or the operational capabilities of existing and future collection and processing systems
- Complying with requirements to protect customer data from inadvertent release to unauthorized consumers by filtering data and managing distribution tables and rules
- Maintaining and providing metrics on forwarding and distribution of various types of collected Cyber data
The ideal candidate has a desire for continual learning along with excellent problem-solving, communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills who is:
- customer and results-oriented
- using the procedures and tools for end-to-end data flow management for collection
- arranging information and materials in a useful manner
- complying with legal and regulatory policies and procedures required for the selector targeting, collection, processing, retention, and dissemination of SIGINT
- proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Knowledge, skills, and experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Awareness of collection, processing and forwarding systems and architecture
- Familiarity with basic resource management and data flow principles
- Database or application administration
- IT support or IT management
- Networking or telecommunications systems
- Targeting management
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible). Possible after-hours call-in on a rotational basis, as required
*Candidates hired for a position in Hawaii may be eligible to receive an annual recruitment incentive, not to exceed three years.
How To Apply - External:
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from email@example.com.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: