Posted by: Leidos on Oct 11, 2021
Job Description: More About the Role:
Leidos currently has an opening on the Navy 'Service Management, Integration and Transport' (SMIT) Contract for a Network Security Domain Architect. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and leadership skills to successfully execute the mission of the Navy's largest IT services program: SMIT. Under the SMIT Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, network engineering, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. This position requires Engineering, Operations Support, Management and extensive knowledge of network communications, architecture, security controls, and compliance and configuration discipline.
What You'll Get to Do:
Applies Cyber Security Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and thought leadership to secure one of the largest private Intranets in the world.
• Leads the development of Cyber Security Endpoint solutions using the Zero Trust Framework to execute the US Navy's Cyber Security mission.
• Demonstrates knowledge and application of DoD and Navy Cybersecurity policies and directives.
• Collaborates with team to conduct trade studies/analysis of alternatives that support network security architecture concepts for software and hardware, including capacity planning and for designing, developing, and analyzing products and systems.
• Collaborates with Navy and DoD Cybersecurity organizations (i.e. NNWC), DISA, Industry Cloud Providers, and Partners to continuously improve the Navy's network security posture.
• Identifies technology and assists in the development of solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
• Defining/Creating Technology Roadmaps and communicating architecture vision/solution/innovation to the customer and stakeholders.
• Partner with the SMIT PMO team in supporting: Shaping and development of technical solutions, RFP responses for new business, authoring white papers, Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs), business cases, and participating Service Management Integration Activities (SMIA) to improve processes and solve problems in the customer environment.
• Develops new business strategies and on-contract growth.
• Assesses current and future network security skills and technology needs.
• Evaluates and recommends technologies, tools, and processes to ensure successful customer outcomes.
• Provides technical guidance and leadership to Program team members; encourages and evangelizes innovative solutions to the Customer to solve complex customer problems.
• Analyzes network data and systems to select the appropriate control mechanisms for the security level required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree preferred in STEM or relevant field, or comparable experience with an additional 12 years or a Masters with 10 years of overall related experience.
• Exceptional written and oral communications and ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical managers and customers.
• Exceptional problem solving skills.
• Currently possess and ability to maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance.
• Minimum of DoD 8570.01 IAT Level III Certification required prior to onboarding and must maintain certification while supporting the SMIT Contract: CISSP or CASP (See DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 for valid certifications).
• Expert knowledge of the Zero Trust (ZT) Framework and modern network security architectures and practical experience implementing integrated solutions that support a ZT framework.
• In-depth understanding of TCP/IP networking, ports, protocols, and the OSI model.
• Extensive knowledge of network security concepts, platforms, management tools, and application of each.
• Experienced and adept at developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports.
• Experience presenting to client stakeholders and company management.
• Experience with endpoint security suites such as HBSS, Tanium, Juniper Pulse Secure, Axway Desktop Validator, Forescout ENAC, etc...
• Must be able to access SIPRNet from an NMCI location on short notice (local travel).
• Ability to travel (local and long distance) up to 25% including the possibility of OCONUS travel.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI program is highly desired.
• Advanced/Professional level vendor certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Palo Alto).
• Agile certifications or applicable experience.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework: Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required: Secret
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Systems Engineering
Pay Range: COVID Response Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC. About Leidos Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company's 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and Benefits Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Securing Your Data Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected] .
Commitment to Diversity All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
HR. Website URL: