Posted by: LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION on Sep 03, 2021
Orlando , FL 32825
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
The Training System Architect (TSA) crafts executable, holistic training solutions that appropriately incorporate Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation (ADDIE), Systems Approach to Training (SAT) processes and Science of Learning principles to meet customer needs/requirements within cost, time, and resource constraints. These solutions include definition of the curriculum and the associated training system elements required to provide an effective and efficient learning experience for the students. The training solution, along with customer specifications, drives training system requirements for other engineering specialties.
The TSA is a core member of capture teams, from early customer engagement (i.e., pre-RFP) through contract negotiations. Ideally, the TSA is a key player in the stand-up of the Curriculum Development Team and serves as a resource for that team over the course of the contract.
• Identifies the customer’s training needs, requirements, and constraints, from early in the customer contact phase through contract negotiations
• Supports the development of a training solution that provides an effective and efficient learning experience within those boundaries, and ensures documentation of that solution as it morphs from initial CONOPS through contract award
• Incorporates innovations and best practices into technical solutions (and shares lessons learned and best practices with other TSAs/project teams)
• Ensures the training solution is appropriately integrated with the activities of other engineering specialities and the program office
• Supports the Training technical lead on LM pursuits, coordinating and integrating curriculum development elements (e.g., BOEs, IMS and Risk Registry inputs) from non-HPE entities (e.g., instructional designers, SMEs, courseware developers) to ensure compliance with the Statement of Work (or equivalent) and LM policies and procedures
Requisite TSA Competencies
• Understands the “big picture” (at schoolhouse level) and how elements of the training system come together to create an effective and efficient training program
• Has expertise in the ADDIE/SAT process and can articulate risks associated with deviating from established process when circumstances require that action
• Can communicate training solutions at high and low level of detail
• Can facilitate brainstorming sessions to generate feasible alternatives
• Can apply TSA principles/approaches to multiple mission areas/program types
• Can effectively manage TSA-related tasks, inputs, and support personnel through proposal process, and provide effective guidance to the Curriculum Development Team after Contract Award
• Is sensitive to customer non-training requirements (to include cultural/political sensitivities that impact training solution)
• Has awareness of other technical solutions that can be applied to current tech solution
• Demonstrates ability to appropriately partner with internal LM functions (e.g., systems engineering), LM corporate entities, customers, and non-LM team members
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 3 years of training development, courseware development or instructor experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Prior military flight training experience
- Master Training Specialist qualification
- Familiar with Systems Engineering processes
- Requirement analysis experience
- Courseware development experience
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: