Posted by: LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION on Sep 03, 2021
Littleton , CO 80027, 80125, 94089
Description:Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration? Do you like seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then you should join Lockheed Martin Space’s Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for space applications as OPCoE Engineering Principle/ Sr Staff.
OPCoE enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
This is a Senior Manager role that serves as the deputy to the Director of the OPCoE Strategy, Pursuits, and Captures organization. This leader will manage a group of senior electro-optical engineers who perform architecture across OPCoE programs as well as technical pursuit leads for new business opportunities. Your role will be to coordinate work assignments and support requests across the group, assist with the development of OPCoE investment and pursuit strategy, engage with various LM-Space Lines of business to understand their current and future needs and customer values. This will include, but is not limited to: leading the planning and proposing capital projects to enable new pursuits or proposals; coordinating with technology and mission groups within the LM Space E&T organization for proposal and study support; leading IRAD proposal and investment road-mapping development activities.
As OPCoE Senior Emerging Payload Manager in the Strategy, Pursuits, and Captures organization you will:
• Manage and coordinate the work of the optical payload architects, pursuit technical leads, and advanced program managers embedded within LOBs;
• Monitor, understand, inform, and influence LOB program planning for the pursuit and capture of payload opportunities through demonstration and education of OPCoE capabilities.
• Coordinate/develop strategies and roadmaps for investment/partnership coordination between CoE, LOBs and external suppliers for emerging payload technologies and capabilities
• Engage in opportunity shaping, strategy, value-prop, discriminator identification & definition for optical payload mission areas
• Support early/strategic customer engagement as it relates to CoE capabilities/products
• Lead development of capital investment plans and coordinate capital requests to support the development of Lockheed Martin capabilities to provide optical payload technologies
• Coordinate with CoE proposal planning and development teams to get support for F&BO, subcontracts, operations and other to drive successful projects/pursuits/proposals.
**Sunnyvale location is preferred.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Demonstrated communication skills in technical presentations/proposals
• Demonstrated leadership experience in optical payload technology areas and disciplines, with a strong background in optical engineering
• Experience with both project/program management as well as proposals/pursuits
• Proven track record in working with cross-functional teams across multiple business units
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Greater than 5 years experience with project, program, IRAD and proposal leadership
• Hands-on technical experience across a wide variety of areas including optical design, electronics, image / signal processing, and / or opto-mechanical assemblies and mechanisms
• A proven track record of successful technical / strategic leadership of pursuits with US government contracts in the aerospace or related fields
• Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with technical and executive audiences
• Proven project management experience to lead team and drive requirements for new products
• Experience collaborating with key stakeholders and managing by influence in the organization to drive consistency in technical direction
• Experience with investment planning, development roadmaps, and strategy development.
• Ability to lead technical discussions and presentations for internal and external customers, including design reviews, non-advocate reviews and technical coordination meetings
• Thorough knowledge of product applications, product design techniques, engineering processes, and engineering standards
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: