Posted by: LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION on Sep 03, 2021
Sunnyvale , CA 94089
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most…that’s what we do. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Virtually every Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, construction, and execution management, which is performed risk free in support of business needs without interruption. As a member of our Facilities team, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new or redesign current, state of the art engineering facilities. We operate in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of facility infrastructure needs and construction project innovations. Such projects include anechoic & thermal vacuum chamber test areas, critical manufacturing & assembly areas, technology support operations centers and cutting-edge customer demonstration capabilities to name a few. In this role, you’ll use innovative approaches that will help facilitate our ability to achieve mission success.
Our facility in Sunnyvale, CA has an immediate opportunity for a Facilities Associate Manager to join our mission. In this leadership role you will manage one or more functional areas in Facilities, HV/AC facility control systems / equipment, underground water, and/or natural gas utilities.
Summary of Key Duties: In this role you will…
• Direct preventive maintenance contracts on chiller, boiler, water treatment systems
• Support facility engineering, construction planning, and document layout
• Coordinating subordinate employee recruitment of plumbers and HV/AC mechanics, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition / disciplinary actions
• Evaluate risk assessments of equipment and develops corrective planning to improve operation of equipment
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Minimum of 5 - 10 years of directly related team management work experience in a plant operations or manufacturing environment
• Experience leading a technical team and interfacing with trade personnel as well as facility engineering staff
• Must have proficiency with Microsoft Windows products including: PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Experience with application of Reliability Centered Maintenance principles, creating and managing vendor support service contracts
• Knowledge of building and construction codes
• Application of predictive Maintenance tools including vibration, ultrasonic and infrared analysis
• Previous Experience using Maximo or equivalent
• Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
• Knowledge of construction/Design standards as related to Reliability/maintainability requirements
• Ability to write clear, concise, detailed descriptive reports
• Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and engage teams
• Experienced with, and demonstrated ability to follow, established standards, policy and procedures, including mechanical, controls, construction, safety, risk planning, security and for meeting program requirements
• LM21 or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified desired
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: